ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What do they mean by official financial sponsor?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angel592
Member of Standing

What do they mean by official financial sponsor?

Post by Angel592 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:11 am

In the UKBA page, it says that I need Evidence of an official financial sponsor or government sponsor .. My dad is paying my fees.. so does that make him my official financial sponsor? Do I need to submit a letter saying that he's going to cover my fees?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 am

You need to read the tier 4 policy guidance to understand the requirements and not the ukba web pages.

See para 44 of the guidance for the definition of an official financial sponsor but note this does not include your parent.
There is extensive guidance in this document on the evidence you need to show to meet the financial requirements.

barbie1

Re: What do they mean by official financial sponsor?

Post by barbie1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:08 am

Angel592 wrote:In the UKBA page, it says that I need Evidence of an official financial sponsor or government sponsor .. My dad is paying my fees.. so does that make him my official financial sponsor? Do I need to submit a letter saying that he's going to cover my fees?
I need help with this question too.

I am asking this question on behalf of an applicant whose parent is paying.

6.14 Showing funds
Do you receive support from a financial sponsor that meets the UK Border Agency definition of a financial sponsor? (See Tier 4 Policy Guidance for definitions) Put a cross (X) in the relevant box

Provide name of official financial sponsor

Would this be the parent's name?
Last edited by barbie1 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:21 am

I won't tell you read the guidance but I will tell you to read the previous comments!
Greenie wrote:See para 44 of the guidance for the definition of an official financial sponsor but note this does not include your parent.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am

Lucapooka wrote:I won't tell you read the guidance but I will tell you to read the previous comments!
Greenie wrote:See para 44 of the guidance for the definition of an official financial sponsor but note this does not include your parent.
44. A student may be sponsored by an official financial sponsor. An official financial sponsor is Her Majesty’s Government, the student’s home government, the British Council or any international organisation, international company, university or UK independent school.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 am

The answer to my question above would have to be NO, which brings us here:

6.18 Do you have money in your own name? Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.

Have money in parent / legal guardians bank account.

Done :)