ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa for an Undergraduate student since 2007

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidboy
Newly Registered

PSW visa for an Undergraduate student since 2007

Post by sidboy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 am

I started my studies at a UK university in Sept 2008. Its a four years BSc Hons. I am expected to graduate in July 2012.I understand work visa after studies can gone through different changes, Science & Engineering Graduate Scheme >>>>International Graduate Scheme>>>>Post Study work visa >>>>CLOSED APRIL 2012. Would I b eligible to apply for PSW or NOT.I rang the HO the other day and the call centre staff simply said"You cannot apply for PSW after April 2012 as the scheme will be closed then". I am confused a student who started a post-graduate degree in 2010 is eligible to Apply where as I am not, I think it is unfair.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:41 am

No you can't apply if you are not going to be awarded before April 2012. Tier 2 might be an option if you can find and employer able to sponsor you.

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:44 am

I'm afraid you cannot apply for PSW after April 2012. I can understand it is unfair but it is the law and these are things which we don't have control over.

Looking on the brighter side they will relax rules for switching into Tier 2 from Tier 4. You could look for employers which have the ability to issue certificate of sponsorships in order to obtain a Tier 2 work permit. The UKBA website has a list of employers that can do this.

Regarding the student who joined in July 2010. If he finishes his course, obtains his results and or certificate before April 2012 he is eligible to apply otherwise he cannot. The start date of your course doesn't affect PSW applications unless I'm wrong so you would have to wait for the more experience members to give their opinion.

I hope this clears everything for you?

Good luck in everything!