ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching into PSW from Tier 4

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JenniferFlipFlop
Newly Registered

Switching into PSW from Tier 4

Post by JenniferFlipFlop » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:11 am

Hi guys,

I'm intending to come to the UK in September to study a postgraduate (Masters) course. I have seen that the PSW route is closing in April 2012. My question is this:

Am I able to switch into PSW from Tier-4 before the completion of my masters course?
I have a full UK degree awarded from the same University where I plan to study my masters, which was awarded in July. However, I will be on a different Tier-4 visa rather than the end of the previous (undergraduate) one.

If it is possible, should I then simply continue my (full-time) studies, or in order to satisfy the authorities, should I switch to part-time and also work at the same time.

Thanks

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:17 am

If you finish your postgraduate course, obtain your results and or degree certificate before April 2012 then you are eligible to apply otherwise I'm afraid you can't. Tier 1 (PSW) will close for everyone in April 2012.

Taking this from my other post:

"Looking on the brighter side they will relax rules for switching into Tier 2 from Tier 4. You could look for employers which have the ability to issue certificate of sponsorships in order to obtain a Tier 2 work permit. The UKBA website has a list of employers that can do this. " The list can be found here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors

Good luck!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Switching into PSW from Tier 4

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:24 am

JenniferFlipFlop wrote:Hi guys,

I'm intending to come to the UK in September to study a postgraduate (Masters) course. I have seen that the PSW route is closing in April 2012. My question is this:

Am I able to switch into PSW from Tier-4 before the completion of my masters course?
I have a full UK degree awarded from the same University where I plan to study my masters, which was awarded in July. However, I will be on a different Tier-4 visa rather than the end of the previous (undergraduate) one.

If it is possible, should I then simply continue my (full-time) studies, or in order to satisfy the authorities, should I switch to part-time and also work at the same time.

Thanks
yes this is possible providing you apply within a year of being awarded your original degree and before psw closes in April 2012. You can study full or part time on psw it is up to you.

Note the date of award is not the date of your graduation ceremony but the date you were first informed in writing that you had successfully completed your course and been awarded your degree.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:29 am

waldo3002 wrote:If you finish your postgraduate course, obtain your results and or degree certificate before April 2012 then you are eligible to apply otherwise I'm afraid you can't. Tier 1 (PSW) will close for everyone in April

Good luck!
i think you have misread the original post- the Op already has a UK degree awarded in July.