ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advice for applying tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sakib2000
United Kingdom

need advice for applying tier 2 visa

Post by sakib2000 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:54 am

Hi i just recently got my PSW visa.Just want to make plan for applying tier 2 for next year.I ve got some question if you guys help me it will be greatfull for me to aaplying tier 2 next year.

I am currently working Mcdonalds as a shift manager which is franchise and they has got their tier 2 licence.I am working as a hourly paid employee and getting 8 pound per hour.As i was talking with my store manager about tier 2 visa he said they can give me the sponsorship.
But my question is

What is the salary range for applying tier 2 visa?

if i get £8 per hour i can hit maximum £20,000 per year is this salary will be ok?

if i cant meet the salary requirement can i show the rest of the money as i working self employed?

Please advice me to take the right path
Md

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Hello,

Have you read through the Tier 2 policy guidelines available at the UKBA website? Its best if you go through it in detail, it would have answers to most of your questions.

- Salary range:

Depends on what type of job you are being sponsored to do. In your case, your employer would have to state that your job is above graduate level and is paid at the appropriate rate. Now this rate is different for different types of job roles.

If you go to the UKBA website and look for 'SOC Codes' or 'Occupancy Codes' you'd find documents which detail the skill levels and appropriate salary levels for each job. It is usually around 20k +

- Remember: Your salary would be based on a 38 hour week with no bonuses, over time or other allowances included. So you'd have to show them you earn that amount in the given situation. If you earn 20k with 50 hours, they'd pro-rate it and then your salary would come down and you wont be able to meet the requirements.

Like I said, its best to read the guidelines for more specific details, I'm no expert, but this is generally my understanding. Hope it helps.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Adding to what silverchloride said you can't show "Self-Employment" for TIER2.

With your earnings Its going to be very difficult to meet the requirements.

Go here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

Look for your Sector and find a Job title that describes your job title closely and look how much Salary you have to earn for that Job title. If you meet that salary for 40 Hours per week and meet the other requirements such as your company providing you with a COS & English Qualifications, Maintenance and working for the company for the last 6 months you're good to go.

Remember TIER2 is a company sponsored visa so if you lose your job you will only have a very limited time to find another sponsor. So unless you want to make this job as your permanent job i wont recommend you switch to TIER2.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:35 pm

I doubt a shift manager at McDonalds would be considered to be graduate level. As others have said you need to look through Occupation codes of practice and see if you can find your job title there. As others have said each job title have its own minimum although the absolute minimum is £20,000, many jobs are more than this. £8 per hour will not be enough.

If you have only just got your PSW visa then you might want to consider looking for a graduate job.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi i coluldnt find the job in the occupation list.But i found one the code is 1121 shift manger unde production manager.but i couldnt find the salary for the particular job.does any one know some company who can give the sponsorship.Please PM me i will appriciate.
Md

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:39 pm

sakib2000 wrote:Hi i coluldnt find the job in the occupation list.But i found one the code is 1121 shift manger unde production manager.but i couldnt find the salary for the particular job.does any one know some company who can give the sponsorship.Please PM me i will appriciate.
click on the link where it says "Production, works and maintenance managers" it takes you to the minimum salary level which is £13.95 per hours further down the document. However this is in the manufacturing section so I am not sure it applies to your job.

There are many employers on the sponsor list. See register of sponsors

T.Jahan
Newly Registered

Re: need advice for applying tier 2 visa

Post by T.Jahan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Sakib,
Hope you are doing well. I would like to discuss with you about the Tier 2 visa from McDonald's please. If possible, please let me know that how can we talk. I really need to discuss about this as I found you have post the same matter, so I found you best to talk about it.

Waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,
Tamanna

kehnie
Newly Registered

Re: need advice for applying tier 2 visa

Post by kehnie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi guys, i realise that as a trainee manager in mcdonald, you could be paid between 18,500 - 21,500 which in a way meets the tier 2 visa sponsorship by the UKBA. pls can you confirm if mcdonald really can sponsor this type of visa. thank you very much.