ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION ADVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amykelis
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION ADVICE

Post by amykelis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi all, I am engaged to a British citizen who currently resides and works in Uk. However, I have some major concerns, I have been able to save a Total of 5000 pounds and my hubby has been able to save 2000 pounds. Is that enough to show the British embassy as funds??? My hubby has a house which he pays mortgage for but he rented out one of the rooms. He also gets extra cash from baking cakes. How do we show proof that he gets extra cash from baking? From all I have been reading, its seems that the British embassy is interested in how much is left after all his bills is paid every month. From his full time job he doesnt have much left but with the baking and rent he gets from the tenant. he has enought to go by. I intend to get a job when i relocate and I am currently working as a customer service representative in a cable t.v in my home country.
Should we get an invoice for the cakes he makes??? so that we can show proof that he makes extra cash on the side ?
Also should we state that he rented one of the two rooms out to someone? or will it puncture holes in our appliaction??
How do i go about looking for a job in the UK? I have 3years work experience with my company.
Pls i really need your advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Firstly..is he declaring to HMRC his earnings from his cake-making and the rental from his tenant for tax purposes?

amykelis
Newly Registered

Post by amykelis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:37 pm

No he isnt. I thought about that. It could be a problem right?