ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

absg
Newly Registered

help needed

Post by absg » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:43 pm

Hi,
I want to know that how to apply for police clearance certificates in India ? I have few questions regarding that.

1. My passport address is Haryana, but I have stayed most of the years in Karnataka , so where should I apply ?

2. In my case I am not currently residing in India and is there any way to obtain police certificates ?

3. Are police certificates necessary when you apply for p.r skilled worker ?

Please help me on this !
Regards

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:07 pm

Contact the Indian Diplomatic Mission i.e. Embassy, High Commission or consulate located in the country where you are now residing (or if there isn't one in that country then the one serving your country of residence) - they will have information on how to get the police certificates.

rely

Re: help needed

Post by rely » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:36 am

absg wrote:Hi,
I want to know that how to apply for police clearance certificates in India ? I have few questions regarding that.

1. My passport address is Haryana, but I have stayed most of the years in Karnataka , so where should I apply ?

2. In my case I am not currently residing in India and is there any way to obtain police certificates ?

3. Are police certificates necessary when you apply for p.r skilled worker ?

Please help me on this !
Regards
Visit nearest Indian consulate or high commission.Carry your 3 passport size photographs and original valid passport.Dont forget to carry your passport photocopies and the CHC letter which asks this pcc .
Check consulate timings on phone.Fill up form there itself.Doing this you will save one day and one extra visit.
rely

absg
Newly Registered

chc letter

Post by absg » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:31 pm

Hi,
Thnak you very much for your replies to my posting but I have a further doubts regarding pcc :
1.what is chc letter which asks for police clearance letter . and when will I get this letter ?

2.As far I know that police clearance letter is required at the time of application submission to the chc. So how should i get chc letter prior to application?
Please help me on this !

Thankyou

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:23 pm

Please read the application manual first before posting more questions.
1.what is chc letter which asks for police clearance letter . and when will I get this letter ?
When you download the application material, there is a link on CIC's website which states "Visa Office Specific Forms/Requirments". Click on the link and the county in which you are applying would pop up with any additional documentation you need. I think the form is a standard one from CIC and it is on the same page I believe with the photo requirements form.
2.As far I know that police clearance letter is required at the time of application submission to the chc. So how should i get chc letter prior to application?
Please help me on this !
Refer to answer above!
Praise The Lord!!!!