ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how are your passport/other documents returned

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thinkingahead
Newly Registered

how are your passport/other documents returned

Post by thinkingahead » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:13 am

guys

wondering how your passports and other evidence docs are returned by UKBA upon granting Visa.

I havent provided a self addressed envelope and so am curious.

Do they send by recorded postal delivery (i.e does one have to sign for it when you receive your docs?)

Is it the same for receiving your BRP ?

thanks

LostInCountry

Re: how are your passport/other documents returned

Post by LostInCountry » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:49 pm

I got the documents with passport in 2nd class recorded mail (can be signed by anyone at the address) while the BRP was sent by special delivery which had me show the delivery person a valid ID (drivers license) and sign for it
thinkingahead wrote:guys

wondering how your passports and other evidence docs are returned by UKBA upon granting Visa.

I havent provided a self addressed envelope and so am curious.

Do they send by recorded postal delivery (i.e does one have to sign for it when you receive your docs?)

Is it the same for receiving your BRP ?

thanks