ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa For Russian

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitinggame52
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa For Russian

Post by waitinggame52 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:16 am

Hi,

2 months ago my russian mother-in-law was refused a schengen visa by the Finnish Embassy in St Petersburg. It was easy to see why, the form had been filled out for her by someone who was exhausted at the time and basically it made no sense, for instance it asked for an entry date and a leaving date 5 months apart, stated UK as a destination when she had no intent or visa to go to the UK anyway... It was gibberish really. I would have refused it too.

The finnish embassy stamped some kind of "refused schengen" stamp at the back of her passport - i havent seen it so I don't have details.

Yesterday she applied for a Schengen from the Latvian Embassy in St petersburg, this time the application did make sense at least (!). This one the entry date and leave date were 3 days apart and the only country being visited is Latvia. All transport & accomodation tickets etc enclosed. the Latians said it was fine, and were literally about to issue it on the spot (express service) when the staff saw the finnish refusal stamp. They said they could take the application but they had to speak to the finnish embassy first regarding the 2 month old refusal. She is to collect her passport on monday.

My question is, once you have a schengen refusal stamp is it now impossible to get any more schengens, even if they are substantially different applications with different destinations ?

Thanks in advance...