ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the Uk test after 18/07/2011

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lcity
Newly Registered

Life in the Uk test after 18/07/2011

Post by Lcity » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:23 am

Has anyone sat for life in the Uk test after the 18/07/11 using an expired passport as an ID, I intend to sit for one soon so I can apply fo ILR under the 14 year rule but am dead scared at the moment because as of this date you have to register your details with Ukba and I fear they might trap at the test centre .
Secondly how much money are you supposed to have in your account when applying under the 14 year rule. All advice will be greater appreciated.
Thanks.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:26 am

The most important thing is you are trying to regularize your status.I hope you have a barrister or lawyer they will fight for you incase UKBA try to remove you

You could sit the test with an expired passport.I don't think they would try and detain you at the test center since it proves you are trying to regularize your status and if you went to court you will win.

They will however try and arrest you at your work place or home.Stop working if you are and go underground till the day you sit your test .Don't trust nobody till you sit your test.

It does not matter how much money you have in your account when applying for ILR

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:14 am

Just to give you some information on acceptable form of ids in supermarkets. One thing they check is whether the id is in date. The id will be rejected if it is expired even if it shows the correct person.

Now I am not sure how many people actually check the expiry date. I don’t want to demoralize you but I thought I should give you this information so that you can prepare yourself better.

But do 14 or 10 year continuous stay application require LIUK test as well?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:23 am

imran22 wrote:Just to give you some information on acceptable form of ids in supermarkets. One thing they check is whether the id is in date. The id will be rejected if it is expired even if it shows the correct person.

Now I am not sure how many people actually check the expiry date. I don’t want to demoralize you but I thought I should give you this information so that you can prepare yourself better.

But do 14 or 10 year continuous stay application require LIUK test as well?
The passport can be out date.I sat my test with an expired passport.If you look here http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... ng_10.html where they say "Are there any identification requirements?" "the first item on the list indicates a passport (from your country of origin) - this document may be out of date"

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 am

Thanks Peppekalle and Imran22, I have already contacted the lawyers and provide them with some of the documentation but I just need to sort out the LIUK. Hopefully I should be alright, am sitting for it next week and will keep you posted, ta.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 am

If you have a lawyer don't worry about anything you don't even need to go underground just make sure you always carry your lawyer number with you in a phone that does not take pictures.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:12 pm

peppekalle wrote:If you have a lawyer don't worry about anything you don't even need to go underground just make sure you always carry your lawyer number with you in a phone that does not take pictures.
Why the phone has to be non-camera phone ? Sorry i am just asking for my information

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Just incase UKBA detain before you submit your application.In the detention centre you are not allowed to use any phone that is capable of taking pictures.They confiscate all camera phones.

Lcity
Newly Registered

LIUK

Post by Lcity » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi guys,
Just to let you know that I sat and passed LIUK test today. Everything went well but was very worried that the Ukba might have picked me up from there as I registered all my details on their website so they know that I have overstayed and am trying to regularise my status on the 14yr basis. Am now just waiting for employment history letter from HM revenue and customs then I will send my application for ILR,thanks for your assurances and your post. I will keep you updated.

Hope this will be of help to others.

peppekalle

Re: LIUK

Post by peppekalle » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Lcity wrote:Hi guys,
Just to let you know that I sat and passed LIUK test today. Everything went well but was very worried that the Ukba might have picked me up from there as I registered all my details on their website so they know that I have overstayed and am trying to regularise my status on the 14yr basis. Am now just waiting for employment history letter from HM revenue and customs then I will send my application for ILR,thanks for your assurances and your post. I will keep you updated.

Hope this will be of help to others.
Please keep us updated and be patient.It might take months for them to process your application.