ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Questions Help Needed...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

devdas212005
Newly Registered

Two Questions Help Needed...

Post by devdas212005 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Firstly, can I sponsor my mother in law for a visit? I am a dependent on my wife who has come over to UK on student visa. I work full time and we rent a 2 bedroom flat. My wife also works full time as she is not studying at the moment. Can I or my wife call my mother in law for a visit? Would my wifes status as student or my status as a dependent affect the application?

Secondly, one of my friends wants to apply for asylum. His visa has expired and he fears going back to the country of his origin which I believe is Pakistan or India will result in his life being put in danger. Can he receive legal aid? If so, how? I am asking as he is illegal at the moment.

Thanks

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:47 pm

If Ive read your post correctly, and your wife is in the UK currently as a student, then she is clearly breaching the immigration rules as she is working full time. As I understand it, she is only entitled to work up to 20 hrs a week whilst she studies.

devdas212005
Newly Registered

Post by devdas212005 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:10 pm

STLewis wrote:If Ive read your post correctly, and your wife is in the UK currently as a student, then she is clearly breaching the immigration rules as she is working full time. As I understand it, she is only entitled to work up to 20 hrs a week whilst she studies.
The rule is when there is recess from education like the summer holidays, you can work full time until uni starts again in September. She will be back in full time education later this month.

devdas212005
Newly Registered

Post by devdas212005 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:23 am

I was hoping to get some advice on here on the two scenarios. All advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:26 am

Yes to the first question.
To the second I would suggest your friend seek competent professional advice rather than listening to you.