ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Max continuous period of absence for ILR 6 weeks or 3 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sams

Max continuous period of absence for ILR 6 weeks or 3 months

Post by sams » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:22 pm

Is maximum continuous time period of absence for a person on WP/HSMP 3 months or 6 weeks, so that it should not be a problem, while applying for ILR after 5 years(unfortunately not 4 years now) ?

I can't find any information on homeoffice website for guidance on ILR.
The only thing I found is in the form SET(O)

"4.2 Have you had any individual absences of 3 months or more outside the UK? "

and found some confusing link

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFrien ... 76,00.html

"Skilled workers from outside the European Union have been told they must spend no more than an annual six weeks abroad in the four years before they are given indefinite leave to remain — the final step to a British passport.

Can someone please help to clarify this confusion.

Thank you.

sams

Post by sams » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:07 am

Any suggestions...

plnrmatt
Newly Registered

Post by plnrmatt » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:30 am

Hey Sams,

I had a similar query as I was hoping to go back to Australia for an extended period of time. I contacted 1st Contact Visas who advised:

"Re: the 3 months per year rule this info is for an Ancestry Visa not HSMP."

"In relation to the HSMP visa you are only allowed a total to be out of
the country for 6 months in 4 years. In order to get your ILR you can only be out of 3 months per year. The year is the Anniversary year of your Visa not Jan to December. If you plan on being away for the whole 6 months you would need to touch base in the Uk for at least a day in between. Then you wouldn't be able to leave the Uk again until you get your ILR."

Hope that helps

Cheers!