ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Beige wrote:
Nazia88 wrote: ok thank you Beige can you tell me wht type of ref number for shows on invitation letter thanks. i know you have got done private one.
I thought I knew my reference number based on past correspondence with the UKBA but it turns out that when my invitation letter finally came, it was a different number to the rest of my other applications. The number is one letter (I believe its the first letter of your surname) followed by a series of numbers (can't remember how many now). My advice is to just wait for your proper invitation letter to come through and then you can book your ceremony.
yes mine approval letter is like that its diffe ref number. its start with letter with my surname name and then six digit i think i got the ref number but still need to wait the actua invitation letter.
Nazia, thats the number you need to book the ceremony. You should try tomorrow.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 pm

thanks vipul1981 i will call them tommoro and let you guyz know. i do hope you guyz got same ref number. i mean first letter of your surname and then six digits like some serial number.
Last edited by Nazia88 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAZIA XX

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:35 pm

u mean 1st letter of surname and then some numbers. If this is what you meant, u r spot on

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 pm

vipul1981 wrote:u mean 1st letter of surname and then some numbers. If this is what you meant, u r spot on
YES thats what i meant.
NAZIA XX

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi guys,
I have got a post from ho as well but left a card as I wasn't at home. It's the same special delivery number I provided them for sending my passport back. I applied by post a day or two before nazia.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:29 pm

lunatfr wrote:Hi guys,
I have got a post from ho as well but left a card as I wasn't at home. It's the same special delivery number I provided them for sending my passport back. I applied by post a day or two before nazia.
goodluck thats your an aproval and please collect it tommoro there must be tel number on the card and plus address and dont delay..
NAZIA XX

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:48 pm

yeah, think i will have to wait for the invitation letter as well...and then book a ceremony.

robertw
Newly Registered

Post by robertw » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:20 am

I just noticed.. When going through the naturalization timeline thread, there are quite a lot of updates say a month or two ago where people said that they had phoned the UKBA and were told that the decision had been made and that a letter would arrive shortly, but some of these people have never updated their timeline to say whether it was approval or not... Is it likely that a lot of those were refusals..?

Just wondering, as we do not get much info about refusals on this forum anyway, whilst this information would be very useful to help people avoid problems with their applications in the future!

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 am

robertw wrote:I just noticed.. When going through the naturalization timeline thread, there are quite a lot of updates say a month or two ago where people said that they had phoned the UKBA and were told that the decision had been made and that a letter would arrive shortly, but some of these people have never updated their timeline to say whether it was approval or not... Is it likely that a lot of those were refusals..?

Just wondering, as we do not get much info about refusals on this forum anyway, whilst this information would be very useful to help people avoid problems with their applications in the future!
Rob, i doubt they are refusal case. if you look at some peoples messaging, they have posted another post with approval date and not updated the original post for approval. yeah. you are right. the original post should be updated in stead of adding another post.

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Went to royal mail centre to collect my post. Well it's not an approval letter but they have returned my passport and ho letters I had sent. They have written they may ask for documents again if required. Not sure how long I will have to wait for approval.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:55 pm

lunatfr wrote:Went to royal mail centre to collect my post. Well it's not an approval letter but they have returned my passport and ho letters I had sent. They have written they may ask for documents again if required. Not sure how long I will have to wait for approval.
approval letter will follow in the next day/two...

you can call IPS NOW and ask for an update; by now must have been approved and the letter is waiting for pick up... If approved, they will give you a ref number which is all you need to book the interview...

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm

lunatfr wrote:Went to royal mail centre to collect my post. Well it's not an approval letter but they have returned my passport and ho letters I had sent. They have written they may ask for documents again if required. Not sure how long I will have to wait for approval.

When did you apply?

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:09 pm

AALI24 wrote:

When did you apply?
End of may... Fees taken on 9th June

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 pm

rightmove wrote: Rob, i doubt they are refusal case. if you look at some peoples messaging, they have posted another post with approval date and not updated the original post for approval. yeah. you are right. the original post should be updated in stead of adding another post.
Isnt it better to make a new post. Let's say that somebody applied and made a post in, say page 51, of the thread. Then 3 months later, he/she gets approval and instead of making a new post, they edit the old post. By this time the thread would have been say, 81 pages.

How many will go 30 pages back and detect the approval? 8)
Jabi

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 pm

my current passport is expiring in few days as well..Can just hope it does not affect my oath taking and application with IPS...

Actually I had applied in may thinking that would have enough time before my current passport expires..but i probably forgot it was the HOMEOFFICE i was dealing with... :)

my old passport does not matter tho after taking the oath..anyway :idea:

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:43 pm

lunatfr wrote:my current passport is expiring in few days as well..Can just hope it does not affect my oath taking and application with IPS...

Actually I had applied in may thinking that would have enough time before my current passport expires..but i probably forgot it was the HOMEOFFICE i was dealing with... :)

my old passport does not matter tho after taking the oath..anyway :idea:
Hi lunatfr

I'm in the same position, infact my current passport already expired on 20th Aug....I dont think it will affect in any way either the OATH or for the PASSPORT....only problem is that I cannot travel now unit I get my Naturalisation approval ( I hope I will get it..God willing ) and subsequently my British Passport.....

PK

gorayah

Approval

Post by gorayah » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:45 am

Finally got my approval today (02 Sept) and dated (25 August). I applied on 11th May. Now I shall carry on to ceremony process.

Nazia. Probablly we are sailing on the same boat now.

Good Luck to All of you.

Nazia88

Re: Approval

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 am

gorayah wrote:Finally got my approval today (02 Sept) and dated (25 August). I applied on 11th May. Now I shall carry on to ceremony process.

Nazia. Probablly we are sailing on the same boat now.

Good Luck to All of you.
congrates mate yes its now looking forward for ceromony.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:07 am

Anything in the post today mate 1664?

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:47 am

There seems to be some sort of delay in printing passports. I just called the IPS this morning and mine still hasn't been printed since wednesday :(

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Beige wrote:There seems to be some sort of delay in printing passports. I just called the IPS this morning and mine still hasn't been printed since wednesday :(
but hopefully you will get soon. Bige tell me plz when did you receive you invitation letter from HO after u receive your approval. was that invitition letter from local council or HO. i got just one approval letter and say you will receive invitation letter after work but the ref numb on this letter is totaly different from the last letters (for exmaple ack letter). should i call the council or should i wait for the letter first. thanks
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Beige wrote:There seems to be some sort of delay in printing passports. I just called the IPS this morning and mine still hasn't been printed since wednesday :(
but hopefully you will get soon. Bige tell me plz when did you receive you invitation letter from HO after u receive your approval. was that invitition letter from local council or HO. i got just one approval letter and say you will receive invitation letter after work but the ref numb on this letter is totaly different from the last letters (for exmaple ack letter). should i call the council or should i wait for the letter first. thanks
Nazia88 yes the ref number you see on the approval letter is different than the one which was on avk letter and yes you need the new one for ceremony I don't think you will have to wait for invitation letter you can call your council now that should be ok

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Guys just gave my passport interviw was similar to what others said the only diff thing was the lady asked me all my old addresses I have lived at 6 addresses in last six years while telling that I mixed up addresses but in a few seconds corrected my self i hope it won't be a prob. They were very friendly and I reached there about 40 mins before the appointment and they took interview in five mins after I reached there. The lady said they will do few last checks and I will hear from them in min 3 to max 10 working days.

There was no other applicants so I guess Maidstone office isn't busy at all

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Nazia88 wrote:but hopefully you will get soon. Bige tell me plz when did you receive you invitation letter from HO after u receive your approval. was that invitition letter from local council or HO. i got just one approval letter and say you will receive invitation letter after work but the ref numb on this letter is totaly different from the last letters (for exmaple ack letter). should i call the council or should i wait for the letter first. thanks
I received my invitation letter about 4 days after my approval letter. The invitation letter was from the HO but I also got another from the local council confirming my ceremony. When you go for the ceremony, you need to take the letter from the HO. If you have the reference number, you may call the council to arrange a ceremony but they will only arrange it if they've got your naturalisation certificate. If the HO hasn't sent it, they won't arrange a ceremony.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:36 pm

rnr79 wrote:Guys just gave my passport interviw was similar to what others said the only diff thing was the lady asked me all my old addresses I have lived at 6 addresses in last six years while telling that I mixed up addresses but in a few seconds corrected my self i hope it won't be a prob. They were very friendly and I reached there about 40 mins before the appointment and they took interview in five mins after I reached there. The lady said they will do few last checks and I will hear from them in min 3 to max 10 working days.

There was no other applicants so I guess Maidstone office isn't busy at all
Congrats on completing your interview. With regards to your addresses, I doubt it will be a problem if you corrected yourself.