ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police stopped me while talking to girl on road

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramish121
Newly Registered

Police stopped me while talking to girl on road

Post by ramish121 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi People,

I am new in the forum and really looking serious advice and much appreciated if you suggest me what to do.This is the time when I want to apply ILR on my 10 years base but I am really stressed and worried
these days on my very shameful and stupid mistake.I was stopped by Police year ago while I was coming back from work and on my way back I had seen pretty girl on the main road and i stopped and tried to talk to girl and didn't really know that it was illegal and suddenly stopped by police.I was asked to show Id which showed my driving licence.I apologised and explained that I didn't have clue that it was illegal and they let me go as friendly warning but they said that I was picking up girl and if I do it again in future then I will be arrested and also they said they have register me or my car registration which they on their wireless set.
Now I am not really sure whether they registered my name or my car registration and can this effect my ILR application.
Thanks
Please advice me if you can

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:08 am

This is a strange incident, however it isnt a 'criminal conviction', so stop worrying.

ramish121
Newly Registered

Post by ramish121 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:49 am

Hi,
Many thanks for reply.
I have read on the home office website about this and it is stated that case worker can't ignore if someone is registered on Police's register will be considered as illegal sexual activities.
I don't if this does apply to me?

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:09 am

ramish121 wrote:Hi,
Many thanks for reply.
I have read on the home office website about this and it is stated that case worker can't ignore if someone is registered on Police's register will be considered as illegal sexual activities.
I don't if this does apply to me?
Gidoc is right. refusal can only be on criminal conviction by the ccourt. Even sexual activities also involve practical activities. How talking to a girl on road even for inviting dinner /sexual activities become a crime in west. I think you are guilty conscious as you are from East. Not to worry. This is not a case at all

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Inviting a girl to dinner or engaging conversation in public isn't illegal in the UK...but soliciting a prostitute is...along with many other countries.
However, as has already been advised, this won't be on police records and therefore won't affect the ILR application and doesn't have to be mentioned.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:07 am

If the girl that he was talking, just happened to be pretty little prostitute ( they aren't many of those about) and was spoken to and cautioned by the police about it, it will be recorded against his name.

The police do not stop most ordinary men chatting with women, unless they suspect them of soliciting a prostitute as Casa have stated.

If he wasnt doing this, then he has nothing to worry about

ramish121
Newly Registered

Thanks a lot

Post by ramish121 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:31 pm

I really very great full to all of you guys who helped me and gave very good advise and i am much relaxed now.
Much appreciated.
Could also someone copy me link for 10 years based ILR form as i cannot find which form do i need.
I will be very great full.

Thanks a lot

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:43 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... ormset(o)/

u need to complete this set(O)form
Thanks

ramish121
Newly Registered

Post by ramish121 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:06 am

Thankyou very very much for such a helpful advice

Thanks

ramish121
Newly Registered

Post by ramish121 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:07 am

ayesha11 wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... ormset(o)/

u need to complete this set(O)form
Thanks
This link does not open.
Pls send me another one.
Thanks

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:57 pm

You haven't been arrested, let alone charged or prosecuted, so you have nothing to worry about regarding your immigration status.