ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) question - Section 5.3, 6.2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anon9712
Newly Registered

Set(O) question - Section 5.3, 6.2

Post by anon9712 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:18 am

I'm applying for ILR using the Set (O) form - HSMP+Tier 1, covered by the Judicial Review. I'm the sole director of my company and take a small tax efficient salary and some dividends once a year. I've left a lot of my earnings in the company as retained earnings - which I know should not be a problem.

In section 5.3 of the Set(O) form, I'm not sure what amount to enter for the 'What's your pay each month...' - do I enter in only my average monthly salary or average salary + dividend (divided by 12), or my (company's) billing rate? I'm tempted to leave it blank and explain at the PEO.

I've traveled quite a bit for business and have letters to cover the business trips. Also have some (very little) personal travel. In section 6.2 of the form where it asks to list the absences from the UK, do I reference the company letter or list the personal trips only (which will fit in the section) or list the first few business trips with a statement continued on the company letter?

Thanks, all.

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Post by rk_confused » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:37 am

I doubt people at PEO would help in completing section SET(O)5.3; maybe you can share your experience?

I am contemplating as well what to put in this section as I am director of limited company and seeking a new contract; also I do not have money stacked up in business account. Thus, while I am seeking work I do not get paid at all. Any advice much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Did you notice that the post was made a year ago? And that the OP is/was a HSMP JR migrant?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!