ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Situation getting worse and worse.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Situation getting worse and worse.

Post by yoyonix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied for a spouse visa from Algeria on the 4/04/2011 which has been sent back to me on the 22/06/2011 on the grounds that they couldn't not find my biometric data that has apparently been lost due to a system failure.
I went back to UKBA business partner Worldbridge and gave my fingerpints along with a new application form on the 23/06/2011.

A long time had passed so I sent an email to worldbridge asking them for any updates about my application on the 07/07/2011.

Yesterday, when checking my emails, I found this:

It is with great regret that we are unable to locate your application on our system. As a result we are thus unable to help you with your complaint at this time.

Please accept our sincerest apologies in this matter and should there be any further developments we will of course contact you in ernest.

I went to speak to worldbridge today and they said that they could see on their system that my application is still being processed at the UKBA offices.

I really don't know what to do now. It's been a long time since my wife and I have seen one another and this story is getting seriously heavy to bear on our shoulders.

Could anyone tell me what next step I should take at this point please ?

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 pm

It may help if your wife contacts her local Member of Parliament for help. An MP's intervention often gets things moving.

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks Casa,
The last time my wife (we were boyfriend and girlfriend back then) contacted an MP for a previous student visa application of mine, she was asked to get a letter from me giving authorisation to enquire about my application on my behalf.
Do we need to do the same for this spouse application ?

Thanks for your reply.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 am

As your wife is sponsoring the application and you are now married you shouldn't have to.

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi Casa,
The MP we contacted has had an answer from UKBA in less than a week. They told him my application has now been processed and I should be contacted soon. The exact words they used are : "Mr ****** should be contacted shortly by the Post to advise him to submit his passport for the visa to be issued"
I don't want to believe it means that the visa has been granted !

Thanks for the advice Casa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Well done! The message you've received shows you've been successful. Well done. Will be thinking of you. Keep us updated.
Ramadan Mubarek! :)

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Congrats, I hope the positive result comes your way.

Really good news.

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Still not heard anything yet, I really cant' wait until my wife and I are together, we've also lodged an official complaint about the way our application has been handled.

Will keep up to date.

Thanks everyone

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:01 pm

I thought I should share with you guys the complete history of my application, I'm so angry and wish someone could help or advise on the next step forward, I really don't want to let this story go, it's so unfair and I'm sure my wife and I are not the only ones going through such a painful time.

April 4th: Application Lodged.
June 21st: Tracking website updated saying more information required.

That's already 3 months and they never even looked at the application and when they start they realise they'd lost my fingerprints

June 23rd: Biometrics given again, and I have been given a new tracking and application number.
July 7th: Complaint lodged through worldbridge webside.
August 5th: We got a reply from them saying they can't find our application on their system.
August 10th: We sent them another complaint and we contacted an MP.
August 15th: We got a reply through worldbridge saying the application is being processed.
August 18th: The MP contacted UKBA.
August 24th: They replied to the MP saying the application has been processed and I should be contacted soon.
September 5th: Still nothing.

I can't know precisely but one thing is sure; They STARTED looking at our application at some point after the 5th and they FINISHED before the 24th. That means it took them Maximum 20 days (13 working days) to actually make a decision. How long have we been waiting ??? 5 painful months today.

20 days maximum to make a decision and already 13 days have passed since they told the MP that my application has been processed and they still haven't managed to contact me ????