ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR eligibility at stake, please advise!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ranjha364
Newly Registered

PR eligibility at stake, please advise!!

Post by Ranjha364 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:26 am

Hi all,

I have posted my query several times but haven't been getting fruitful results so I'm really hoping this time someone with a heart to help will give me the right advise so thanks in advance!

Case:

My PR is due for 2 months now based on legally married to an EEA national for 5 years however we are not living together for last 2 years due to personal issues that might lead to a divorce. My spouse have been working part time throughout the period which I guess does count as exercising treaty rights.
Here's a brief summery:

Married since 2006 to date
Separated 2 years ago
Lived together for a total period of 3 years
Myself: work/study for whole period
Spouse: 3 years full time 2 years part time work
Only have evidence of 3 years cohabitation

Now my questions are:

1) should I go ahead and apply for PR given that we lived together for 3 years?

2) is that an issue for home office that why 2 years aren't together out of 5 years of marriage?

3) is it ideal if we process divorce and then apply for PR as this was suggested by a solicitor.

4) a solicitor also suggested that we should not inform ho that we are separated, just tell them te reason why we did not live together, study/work and that will be fine. Could it work?

5) even if I process divorce and apply, am I entitled to PR or will I be issued another residence card valid for another 5 years which has happened previously in some cases dealt by home office.

Thank you very much for reading ad replying in advance.

Ranjha364
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjha364 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:37 am

And one last thing:

6) is health insurance mandatory?

Cheers!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:38 am

Please continue in original thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.