ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 IN-Country Appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

treefriend

EEA2 IN-Country Appeal

Post by treefriend » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Dear All,
After reading various posts, i realized that there should be a dedicated thread for EEA2 appeal where people can share their experience and help each other in the process.

Our appeal hearing is on 1/09.

I will share my experience here.

Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 pm

It may be also useful to detail what has led to the appeal.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:51 pm

86ti wrote:It may be also useful to detail what has led to the appeal.
My current leave was expired in mar and I made out of time eea2 application in jul. Got COA after 1 week and refusal in second week stating that our marriage was marriage of convenience. I and my wife are going to court to prove otherwise.

joshuaaubin

Post by joshuaaubin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Who exactly is to prove if marriage is convinience or not?
Is it the home office or OP? And what are the guidance for HO office to prove that, just guessing or because a visa expired overstay or claim asylum prove alone to HO marriage is convinience? Or is there another guidiance under eu law to prove this?
What prove will the court accept from HO to show a marriage is one of convinience?
I have personally see someone who came to the country illegally without visa and after marriage they get a new passport and apply for eea rc and they got it without problem, so it seems it is a crime to have record with the HO under immigration rule. I guess under a case called methoc i dont know if am right, your prior immigration history will not affect application under eu law, please can the expert explain to us here, please give explaination under eu law not just your own thinking how and who must show in the court that it is convinience and process under eu law to come to this conclusion. e can the expert explain to us here, please give explaination under eu law not just your own thinking how and who must show in the court that it is convinience and process under eu law to come to this conclusion.

alekos

Post by alekos » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:41 pm

treefriend wrote:
86ti wrote:It may be also useful to detail what has led to the appeal.
My current leave was expired in mar and I made out of time eea2 application in jul. Got COA after 1 week and refusal in second week stating that our marriage was marriage of convenience. I and my wife are going to court to prove otherwise.
UKBA like to lose appeals. http://freemovement.wordpress.com/2011/ ... moralised/
Thank you everyone in this forum.

joshuaaubin

Post by joshuaaubin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 pm

please can someone clearify this issues in law for us.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

DELETED

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:51 pm

DELETED
Last edited by nonspecifics on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshuaaubin

Re: What?

Post by joshuaaubin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 pm

[quote="nonspecifics"]UKBA have a clear description of what they regard as a "marriage of convenience", but personally, I think it is better to describe it as a bogus or sham marriage.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

"CHAPTER 5 - RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATIONS"

"5.1.5 Marriage of convenience / Civil partnership of convenience"

5.1.5 Marriages of convenience / Civil Partnership of convenience

• Regulation 2 of the 2006 Regulations provides that the definitions “spouseâ€

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Sham Marriage

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:36 pm

DELETED.
Last edited by nonspecifics on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshuaaubin

Post by joshuaaubin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 am

@nonspecifics

I accept with your concept, you really explain it very clearly, what are the evidence a couple will have to show even if they have been coabitating before marriage to show that the Home Office was wrong to come to that conclusion in the court of law?

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Proof

Post by nonspecifics » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 am

DELETED
Last edited by nonspecifics on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshuaaubin

Re: Proof

Post by joshuaaubin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm

nonspecifics wrote:Legally, If it's at the tribunal or court then all the married couple have to prove is that they are a legally married couple ( the marriage certificate) and so qualify under EU law. Thus, it is wrong to refuse the application.

They have proved their assertion they are married. Other evidence of time and devotion spent together before marriage, communication ( love letters and photos together etc would only help to reinforce that evidence further, that it was a genuine love relationship, as would proof of cohabitation if it existed).

To legally justify the refusal, It's really up to the HO to prove their case. They must prove they have enough evidence to come to the conclusion that the couple are faking the relationship. If HO fail to prove their assertion that the marriage is fake, then the HO should lose the case. ( if the Tribunal or court is fair and just).

Now, UKBA are working closer with Ministers of Religion and Registrars who can spot the bogus relationships. Do HO offer this as evidence?

Perhaps, it is better if ( genuine) applicants submit as much evidence of romance and a real relationship to convince the UKBA when applying, rather than having to go to tribunals or courts of law and relying on the HO failing to prove it is bogus.

If a couple had lots of evidence of a real romance / relationship but did not send it during the application, because they assumed that the application would be trouble-free, cos they are married, then there is nothing to stop them just re-applying with all the extra ( legally not required) evidence of the relationship just to ease UKBA's doubts.

It is very hurtful and frustrating for innocent and genuine people to be treated as if they are criminals, but it might help them ( emotionally) to remember that there is such a widespread abuse of the system that now the UKBA can no longer trust anyone to be genuine.

( Though it also helps cut the immigration figures if the UKBA also deliberately and unlawfully reject the genuine applicants. But surely they wouldn't do that?????)
Can all picture taking before and after the marriage be used in the court as an evidence? can all utility bills, pets owned licence? now comunication is only on emails and if partners are mostly together the only way of contacting are mobile text massaging by send sending love text, but am confused how you can print out test messages, can that also be used as evidence in the court?

safr
Newly Registered

Post by safr » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:16 pm

hello..hop ur ok..what about your hearin today.all gone smoothly?iv no representative..myself,wife and witness and thas all iv got..bit worried what gona happen..please share your experience you been through so it would help alot of people including me who are suffesing from ukba..Good luck and thanks

joshuaaubin

Post by joshuaaubin » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:27 pm

safr wrote:hello..hop ur ok..what about your hearin today.all gone smoothly?iv no representative..myself,wife and witness and thas all iv got..bit worried what gona happen..please share your experience you been through so it would help alot of people including me who are suffesing from ukba..Good luck and thanks
My own case will be heard on the 20th of this month, i will be going with my solicitor, my wife, her sister and some of her friends.

please can you tell if at the hearing you were ask any question, i dont really know how it goes, is it like a real court case?

I have actually alot of proof to take along with, more than 200 pictures of me, my wife, her friend and family and many others includings our pets pictures and documents.
My wife and I NSH doctors Cards,
internet conversations,
text messages,
telephone bills,
tv licence,
bank account details,
our pets registration licences,
gas bills,
doctors report,
MP letter of support,
letter from my voluntery organization,
and many more documents that we have together, all this documents stating from the day we first met and when we started coabitating and during the wedding and after the wedding, all stating personal details of our relationships from beggining to the present date.

We are ready to answer any question at the court if asked even if it is about our daily activities and when and how we do things with no mistake from both side.

I have never been to hearing before that is why i am asking.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:29 am

My experience was good. Surprisingly there was no HO representitve and no HO eveidence provided to judge about alleged discrepancies. Judge asked me and my wife various questions bout how we met, who was at the wedding, where pictures were taken and etc. At the end judge said he would give the decision in 2 to 3 weeks. There ws just one difference between ans. Our representitive was happy at the end as he think we have won the appeal and decision will be +ve.

Both joshuaaubin and safr, Please state your reasons of refusals, as it helps people to get in-depth help from real-life experience.

Thnks

joshuaaubin

Post by joshuaaubin » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:39 pm

treefriend wrote:My experience was good. Surprisingly there was no HO representitve and no HO eveidence provided to judge about alleged discrepancies. Judge asked me and my wife various questions bout how we met, who was at the wedding, where pictures were taken and etc. At the end judge said he would give the decision in 2 to 3 weeks. There ws just one difference between ans. Our representitive was happy at the end as he think we have won the appeal and decision will be +ve.

Both joshuaaubin and safr, Please state your reasons of refusals, as it helps people to get in-depth help from real-life experience.

Thnks
I have posted that already, one they say the document i provided even from the HMRC can not show them where my wife was residing before she became permanently incapacitated. HMRC show all National Insurance contribution to date. and they also said because i have claim asylum in the country before they deem my marriage will be one of convinience, even when all asylum correspondence from HO was to the same address i was living years all long till now which is my wife address. during the aslum claim my wife have writting to them many time with supporting documents and they are aware of us. I just think they just want to refuse it and delay me more because they know my case may lead or lead to a permanent residence.

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:51 pm

treefriend wrote:Surprisingly there was no HO representitve and no HO eveidence provided to judge about alleged discrepancies
I've heard the HO goes into a lot of hearings knowing they cannot possibly win and do not send a representative and cases get thrown out cos the couldn't be bothered to show up.

I have a theory that they like to chance their arm and see who blinks first. If it was a dodgy marriage they know people will not turn up and may just leave rather than get found out. The late return of applications made under EU route are probably another one where they want to test your commitment to staying even if they make every moment a living hell for you.

Sorry, I'm just venting. But seriously, prepare for your appeal as though the HO reps will be there. If they don't turn up, then all the better but be prepared.

It costs them monies to send people to hearings and tribunals so they employ scared tactics to flush out the fakers.

Good luck
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

CASE

Post by nonspecifics » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:21 am

DELETED
Last edited by nonspecifics on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

treefriend

Re: CASE

Post by treefriend » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:37 am

nonspecifics wrote:The Home Office don't need to turn up to win; it is up to the appellant to prove their case.

If the Home Office are the respondent , then the Home Office do not need to prove anything.

If the EEA appellant fails to prove their case the Home Office win anyway.
I agree with you to some extend. However, in my case HO even did not send their bundle which i think they must send to all parties. Judge mentioned this in the hearing.

JA13I

Re: CASE

Post by JA13I » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 pm

nonspecifics wrote:The Home Office don't need to turn up to win; it is up to the appellant to prove their case.

If the Home Office are the respondent , then the Home Office do not need to prove anything.

If the EEA appellant fails to prove their case the Home Office win anyway.
Huh? Why would you say that? As you earlier said, in such cases,
3.4 Key points
A marriage of convenience is a totally sham marriage entered into solely for
immigration purposes.

The burden of proof is on the Secretary of State
The HO (currently) still has an uphill battle to fight when the accusation is marriages of convenience
Jabi

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Proof

Post by nonspecifics » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:45 pm

DELETED
Last edited by nonspecifics on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:37 pm

nonspecifics wrote:Don't worry; my comment is not specifically about your case or any other case.
I see you are so called 'member of standing', however u jump to personal arguments very quickly. If you have nothing to contribute to solve people 's imig problems then please stay away. I am sure other people would agree with me....

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:20 pm

nonspecifics wrote:Don't worry; my comment is not specifically about your case or any other case.

My comment is about the fact that the Home Office does not turn up for Asylum and Immigration Tribunals on quite a regular basis.

If the EEA Directive appellant successfully proves their case or unsuccessfully fails to prove their case is the most important thing.

Whether the Home Office decides to turn up, or not, does not guarantee success for the appellant. Conversely, the Home Office turning up does not mean you should worry that your case is now weaker.

I read before the Home Office did not turn up for about 50% of cases, but I am sure it is a lot less than 50% of appeals that were won by the appellants when the Home Office were the respondents.

Basically, just concentrate on presenting the strongest case possible and forget about whether the Home Office will turn up or not.
I will not comment on the percentages in your post. Making up figures without data is called speculation and when I have further evidence backed figures from you I will discuss them further

My point still stands- If marriages of convenience is the allegation, all the Appellant has to do is head to the tribunal and say 'I am sincerely and honestly married/civil partnered to my wife/partner, my Lord. I have presented evidence to support this to the HO, but do not have any evidence presented to me to the contrary'.

It is easily winnable (? if that is that even an word) even without a lawyer and the tribunal will have to leave the appellant off the hook. A lawyer does take the stress off though.
Jabi

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Exactly

Post by nonspecifics » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:46 pm

DELETED
Last edited by nonspecifics on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Read the whole of the information.

Post by nonspecifics » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:57 am

DELETED
Last edited by nonspecifics on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.