ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:16 pm

rnr79 wrote:Guys just gave my passport interviw was similar to what others said the only diff thing was the lady asked me all my old addresses I have lived at 6 addresses in last six years while telling that I mixed up addresses but in a few seconds corrected my self i hope it won't be a prob. They were very friendly and I reached there about 40 mins before the appointment and they took interview in five mins after I reached there. The lady said they will do few last checks and I will hear from them in min 3 to max 10 working days.

There was no other applicants so I guess Maidstone office isn't busy at all
rnr79 goodluck and you will get ur passport less then a week time and yes i will contact to the local council on monday thanks. yes i don have the ref number.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Beige wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:but hopefully you will get soon. Bige tell me plz when did you receive you invitation letter from HO after u receive your approval. was that invitition letter from local council or HO. i got just one approval letter and say you will receive invitation letter after work but the ref numb on this letter is totaly different from the last letters (for exmaple ack letter). should i call the council or should i wait for the letter first. thanks
I received my invitation letter about 4 days after my approval letter. The invitation letter was from the HO but I also got another from the local council confirming my ceremony. When you go for the ceremony, you need to take the letter from the HO. If you have the reference number, you may call the council to arrange a ceremony but they will only arrange it if they've got your naturalisation certificate. If the HO hasn't sent it, they won't arrange a ceremony.

ok thanks for the kind information hopefully i will get letter during the coming week but anyway i will call on monday to confirm from the local council about the certificate thanks.
NAZIA XX

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Beige wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:but hopefully you will get soon. Bige tell me plz when did you receive you invitation letter from HO after u receive your approval. was that invitition letter from local council or HO. i got just one approval letter and say you will receive invitation letter after work but the ref numb on this letter is totaly different from the last letters (for exmaple ack letter). should i call the council or should i wait for the letter first. thanks
I received my invitation letter about 4 days after my approval letter. The invitation letter was from the HO but I also got another from the local council confirming my ceremony. When you go for the ceremony, you need to take the letter from the HO. If you have the reference number, you may call the council to arrange a ceremony but they will only arrange it if they've got your naturalisation certificate. If the HO hasn't sent it, they won't arrange a ceremony.

ok thanks for the kind information hopefully i will get letter during the coming week but anyway i will call on monday to confirm from the local council about the certificate thanks.
Nazia
I still don't understand what kind of letter you received and what other letter you are expecting.
I received one letter only so far which states that my application is successful and I need to contact the one council address mentioned in the letter to book my ceremony within specific time period. That's it.
In my case, I don't think they send me any more letter.

Is there any difference in number of letters for NCS & Postal Applications?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:35 am

gorayah wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Beige wrote:

Nazia
I still don't understand what kind of letter you received and what other letter you are expecting.
I received one letter only so far which states that my application is successful and I need to contact the one council address mentioned in the letter to book my ceremony within specific time period. That's it.

hiya

i applied by post myself not through NCS on letter its states that appliction for british citizenship has been successfull and you will be invited to attend the cermony and they also mentioned that you will recive a invitation letter within 2 week thats all they said. basically i will receive a different letter for cermony to contact to the council.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:04 am

rnr79 wrote:Anything in the post today mate 1664?
Nothing yet rnr79. I called them and now they say there are conducting further security checks.
More like UKBA now get different answers when they ask you to call back each time.

On a positive note missus passport is with theDX and ready for delivery.
So I am hoping to get mine too next week sometime!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 am

1664 wrote:
Nothing yet rnr79. I called them and now they say there are conducting further security checks.
More like UKBA now get different answers when they ask you to call back each time.

hmmm thats like same thing as UKBA... did they tell you before that it went for printing etc? but i am sure you will get in next 2-3 days.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:31 pm

I just did online status tracking and got an email reply saying :

Thank you for your enquiry

I can confirm that your passport was passed for printing on the 03/09/2011 and delivery will be attempted within 4-5 working days.

Please note that all passports are delivered securely by DX Secure and you may be required to sign for receipt.

Does that mean it wont need any additional seciruty checks as IPS are telling about additional secruity checks to many applicants on this forum

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:40 pm

rnr79 wrote:I just did online status tracking and got an email reply saying :

I can confirm that your passport was passed for printing on the 03/09/2011 and delivery will be attempted within 4-5 working days.

Please note that all passports are delivered securely by DX Secure and you may be required to sign for receipt.

Does that mean it wont need any additional seciruty checks as IPS are telling about additional secruity checks to many applicants on this forum
it means you will get it tommoro or tuesday morning. when i applied for my son its says like that and next day we got our son's passport so your one coming tommor plz stay at home coz dx usually comes morning time. tc.
NAZIA XX

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:59 pm

rnr79 wrote:I just did online status tracking and got an email reply saying :

Its seems like the standard email they respond with once you've satisfactorily completed the interview. The problem seems to be at the printing stage rather than anything else. I haven't been told that any further security checks need to be done in my case.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:00 pm

1664 wrote:

Did you do online tracking...I found online tracking to be more accureate than talking to an advisor...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:11 pm

rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:

Did you do online tracking...I found online tracking to be more accureate than talking to an advisor...
I was asked to call back today if I hadn't received my passport by saturday. So I did and was said all checks are fine and passport was printed on the 2nd and waiting for the DX to be picked up.
so hopefully I should get in the next couple of days.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:45 pm

1664 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:

I was asked to call back today if I hadn't received my passport by saturday. So I did and was said all checks are fine and passport was printed on the 2nd and waiting for the DX to be picked up.
Cool...well done..passport printed then thats all done :)

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:58 pm

rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
1664 wrote:

Cool...well done..passport printed then thats all done :)
Yup - waiting for getting it
then starts the OCI drama ..ha!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:51 pm

1664 wrote:......
Yup - waiting for getting it
then starts the OCI drama ..ha!
yes true i have to do that as well....

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:32 am

Nazia88 wrote:
gorayah wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Beige wrote:

Nazia

hiya

i applied by post myself not through NCS on letter its states that appliction for british citizenship has been successfull and you will be invited to attend the cermony and they also mentioned that you will recive a invitation letter within 2 week thats all they said. basically i will receive a different letter for cermony to contact to the council.
So mine letter is different and today I booked the Group Ceremony for 19th Sept.

Good Luck.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:58 pm

i havnt received my invitation letter yet maybe during the week. i called to the local council and they said they cant book a ceromony untill i receive a invitation letter its shows COVER NO/POLE NO etc etc so i am wiating for the letter first.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:59 pm

heyy daniash whts up did you hear anything yet.
NAZIA XX

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Nazia88 wrote:i havnt received my invitation letter yet maybe during the week. i called to the local council and they said they cant book a ceromony untill i receive a invitation letter its shows COVER NO/POLE NO etc etc so i am wiating for the letter first.
I had a feeling they'd tell you that because the same thing happened to me. It will come before the end of the week.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Beige wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:i havnt received my invitation letter yet maybe during the week. i called to the local council and they said they cant book a ceromony untill i receive a invitation letter its shows COVER NO/POLE NO etc etc so i am wiating for the letter first.
I had a feeling they'd tell you that because the same thing happened to me. It will come before the end of the week.
hi Beigh when u recieved ur invitatio letter was there any COVER NUMBER or POLE NUMBER coz i never herad about that. well i am not in rush now coz i am not intend to traveling untill jan2012 so main hurdle and wait is over and now jst a procedure left.
NAZIA XX

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:49 pm

I have no idea what a cover or pole number is.. may just be a different terminology for the reference number..who knows?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Beige wrote:I have no idea what a cover or pole number is.. may just be a different terminology for the reference number..who knows?
ok lol........... when i called to the council the lady said i can book a cermony for you but i need to know the cover number and pool number and i aske wht is this the the laday said it should be on your invitation letter and then said i havnt received any letter....i think its depend council to council my council is glasgow city council i better wait for the letter and then i will book the ceromony.

i found somthing from other coucil website

If your application for Citizenship has been successful
•You will receive a citizenship invitation letter from the Home Office.
•You should thereafter contact the Registration Office specified on the letter within 14 days.
•The Registrar will ask you to confirm the 'Poll Number' and the 'Certificate Cover Note ' shown on the invitation letter.
•The Registrar will require to see the invitation letter before the Citizenship Ceremony can be arranged.
•Arrange a date and time for your Citizenship Ceremony with the Registrar (The ceremony must take place within 3 (three) months from the date entered on the invitation letter).
•The final step of becoming a British citizen is to attend a Citizenship Ceremony.
•You will receive your Certificate of Naturalisation or Registration directly after the ceremony.
NAZIA XX

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Beige wrote:I have no idea what a cover or pole number is.. may just be a different terminology for the reference number..who knows?
ok lol........... when i called to the council the lady said i can book a cermony for you but i need to know the cover number and pool number and i aske wht is this the the laday said it should be on your invitation letter and then said i havnt received any letter....i think its depend council to council my council is glasgow city council i better wait for the letter and then i will book the ceromony.

i found somthing from other coucil website

If your application for Citizenship has been successful
•You will receive a citizenship invitation letter from the Home Office.
•You should thereafter contact the Registration Office specified on the letter within 14 days.
•The Registrar will ask you to confirm the 'Poll Number' and the 'Certificate Cover Note ' shown on the invitation letter.
•The Registrar will require to see the invitation letter before the Citizenship Ceremony can be arranged.
•Arrange a date and time for your Citizenship Ceremony with the Registrar (The ceremony must take place within 3 (three) months from the date entered on the invitation letter).
•The final step of becoming a British citizen is to attend a Citizenship Ceremony.
•You will receive your Certificate of Naturalisation or Registration directly after the ceremony.
Hi

I think Poll / Cover Note No is not necessary if they (council) received confirmation letter already from HO. In my case, I have Poll / Cover Note on my letter but when I called them they just ask for Home office Ref. number and they picked all details from there (nothing ask further).
So looks like you need to wait for next letter from HO or wait so that council actually received the letter from HO.

Good Luck.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:51 pm

if you dont have cover/poll number cant track your certificate or cant book the ceromony simple is that that what she said to me. very rude she was but anyway i am can wait no probl thanks Beig
NAZIA XX

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:11 pm

You can definitely book with the HO reference number. You probably just had the misfortune of speaking with a grumpy call operator.

gorayah

Passport Application Time Line

Post by gorayah » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi

Anyone can share recent Passport Application Time Line within London. Or any other office in london surroundings which process Passport applications expeditely.
I can see the Passport Application Time Line thread, but very few people share the city / county from where they applied
Last edited by gorayah on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.