ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this possible?? PSW-Tourist-Tier2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lostboy
Newly Registered

Is this possible?? PSW-Tourist-Tier2

Post by lostboy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Hey folks...

Someone I spoke to, referred me this...

I have 2 weeks for my PSW to expire with no sponsor certificate available yet.

Can I start applying for as many jobs as possible in UK in the next 2 weeks, go out of UK as visa's expired, apply for a tourist visa to UK, come back and pursue the jobs and eventually get a Tier 2 visa on the job secured.

Legally speaking I cant 'seek' jobs on tourist visa, but i would have applied for these jobs in my PSW visa and therefore can still pursue them. What is the procedure then to apply for a job 'sought' on PSW and work visa applied from Tourist to Tier2 incountry...

Is this possible??? Whoever told this to me just shot this off his head.....

Please advise

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:54 pm

it's not possible to switch from leave as a visitor to tier 2.

shoma

Post by shoma » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Go back to student visa apply for jobs and then switch to tier 2 with cos with in the country

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 pm

shoma wrote:Go back to student visa apply for jobs and then switch to tier 2 with cos with in the country
2 weeks is not much time to secure a place on a course, obtain a CAS and apply for a tier 4 visa. Also in order to switch into tier 2 he would need to complete a course of at least one academic year on the tier 4 visa.