ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

traffic offences- spoken to a law firm- need advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasb1327
BANNED

traffic offences- spoken to a law firm- need advice

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Hello experts !!
I am eligible for 10 yrs ilr but I have traffic offences
1. Driving without insurance. (fine and 6 points)
2. Speeding fine through court (fine an 6 points)
which eventually led to 6 months ban because of totting up 12 points in 12months.

Now I spoke to these people and they say they are happy to take my case forward as they have represented such case before and can get me ilr with no issues...their fee will be £1100 for me and my wife's application

what should i do?? lol

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 pm

jasb1327 wrote:I am a UK born citizen
Anyhow, if you have unspent conviction(s) then you cannot apply for settlement until the rehabilitation period is over (276B(iii)) - unless the solicitors you have sought advice from know how to circumvent the immigration rule in question.
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 pm

are they doing it on no win no fee basis

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
jasb1327 wrote:I am a UK born citizen
Anyhow, if you have unspent conviction(s) then you cannot apply for settlement until the rehabilitation period is over (276B(iii)) - unless the solicitors you have sought advice from know how to circumvent the immigration rule in question.
when did i say I saw was born in UK?? lol

and thats what i tried to ask them if they will do it on no win no fee basis lol they said i have to pay whole amount in advance over the phone... :shock:

and well they said since i was eligible for ilr last year ( I came to uk in 2000 so last yr in october it was 10 yrs) and the offences dont reflect that I surely have a bad character they can get away with this as the main reason for this conviction law is to stop bad characters bein in uk...CONFUSED lol
Last edited by jasb1327 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:27 pm

jasb1327 wrote:when did i say I saw was born in UK?? lol
Click on the link (your user-id in blue) above the quoted statement!

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:29 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
oh hahaha !! that was I made a query on behalf of my wife's uncle lol he is born here and minted too lol...well my scenario is altogether opposite here lol

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 pm

jasb1327 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
oh hahaha !! that was I made a query on behalf of my wife's uncle lol he is born here and minted too lol...well my scenario is altogether opposite here lol
There is nothing to laugh about it, you should have mentioned in your other post that you are asking on behalf of someone else.

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 pm

networkers wrote:
jasb1327 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
There is nothing to laugh about it, you should have mentioned in your other post that you are asking on behalf of someone else.
what ?? i dont get this?? what if that same person was using my id to put a query here???? it doesnt make a difference...we are here for help and advice....and we dont judge any1s personal history for that... a query is being put forward and if u can offer any help then fine or leave it out...
and that query can be for anyone...come on people..

but well thats not the point of my original topic...i jst needed advice regarding what the lawyers said about my case..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 pm

When asking on behalf of someone else, simply state so. No problem!
Everyone is free to create a single ID to use the website.

But please do not assume multiple identities by posting different immigration histories / status under "I".

Helps everyone .... those seeking answers, and those offering them.

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:10 pm

sushdmehta wrote:When asking on behalf of someone else, simply state so. No problem!
Everyone is free to create a single ID to use the website.

But do not assume multiple identities by posting different immigration histories / status under "I".

Helps everyone .... those seeking answers, and those offering them.
well !! point noted my lord !! :twisted: but i'd say still some1's immigration history has to do nothing with their query...yeah if this was H.O then it was different..lol...

but as for me so every1 thinks i need to wait until my fines are spent..(what a law !! and what a **** country!! lol still i'm seeking an ilr hahaha.. my tier-1 expires july nxt yr...i can get extension for until july 2014..my fines get spent in june 2015...where do i stand?? lol

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 pm

If you qualify then apply for Tier 1 extension as and when the time comes, and apply for settlement later on. Under current rules, there is no restriction on the number of PBS extensions one may apply for.

Glad that you got the point! Please follow it!

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 pm

hmm !! my this extension would be according to old rules but as u said sush if apply for another extension in 2014 it will be considered on new rules for tier-1 isn't it ? that means i will have to show earnings past 45K lol

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Read the relevant PBS policy guidance and you'll know for sure.