ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success with 64 day gap between EC and first entry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hdravid
Newly Registered

ILR Success with 64 day gap between EC and first entry

Post by hdravid » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi all, I attended Solihull PEO today with ILR application (5 yr work permit - same employer) for myself, wife and my son, and all of us were granted ILR ... yippeee !

I wish to thank all the mods and members of this forum whose help I have recieved directly and indirectly ... you guys are simply great ! and a special thanks to sushdmehta !

I was quite worried about the initial gap between my WP entry clearance (15 Sept 2006) and the date I entered UK (18 Nov 2006), since I would not have completed 4 years 11 months of living in the UK before my visa expired. Mods in this forum suggested to me that the ukba modernized guidance regarding calculation of continous 5 year period could apply in my case , since the gap between entry clearance and first entry is less than 3 months.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
So, for anyone in a situation similar to me, please be reassured that it works ... ok, atleast it worked for me !

I'll briefly write about my experience at the PEO and what were the documents asked :

Appointment was at 12.45, we reached around 12.05, (we meaning me and my wife). At the reception, an officer confirmed the appointment and we were asked to show the filled set o form. They gave me a token number, and after going through security check, we sat down - btw, the place was absolutely empty ... just us ! Almost immediately our token number was called and we went to a counter. A polite and friendly lady greeted us from behind a heavy glass panel. Though we had taken with us tons of documents (all well organized -thanks to my wife) ... but she asked only for these :
1) The form - which I gave her. I had placed my cover letter on top of the form, but she barely skimmed thro it. In my cover letter, I had mentioned the gap, and the link to the ukba mordernized guidance document as reference.
2) Passports of all applicants - and I handed over all 3 passports.
3) Life in UK pass certificates for me and wife - I asked her if she could let us know our scores and she happily told us.
4) Employer letter. My employer letter did mention my salary, job title, the SOC code (my HR had mentioned a closest matching code - Technical Artist - because my actual job title - Technical Animator - was not in the list). The letter also mentioned that my sal is greater than whats required as per COP, and that I was still required by my emloyer.
5) 3 months salary slips. I had all P60's ready but she dint ask for them. Infact thats all that she required from me, the main applicant.
6) Birth certificate of my son and our marriage certificate. But she did mention that its ok if you dont have them.
7) Cohabitation documents - I presented GP registration letters, council tax bills - I had these dating more than 3 years - she chose only 2 years worth from what I gave her.

Thats all, no more docs asked. No bank statements, and nothing else. I was expecting her to atleast mention the gap, but she dint. All through the process, we had a nice friendly chat, about my job, about our L in UK scores, and general stuff ..
After about 10 minutes of entering stuff on to her computer she said that everything seems ok, so you will be granted ILR today, please make payments at counter number 6, and collect your passports after 1 and a half hours ... I was quite surprised that it went so smooth ... Went to the payment counter paid £2700

Came back after an hour and a half, the lady at the reception said its not yet ready, may take 45 mins more atleast ... so we went out again came back after 45 mins ... had to wait for around half an hour more before we recieved our passports duly stamped.

Also, I have a 3 year old daughter, UK born, whom I did not include in the application (saving me £££). As per the advice I recieved from these forums, I will be applying for naturalization for her next week...

Any questions, I'll be glad to answer...

good luck !
HD

indsaiuk
Newly Registered

Post by indsaiuk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi HDRAVID,

Congratulations!!

While filling SET (O) Form, for "have you lived in UK for 5 years" did you check "yes" or "no" ?

Please clarify.

Thanks

hdravid
Newly Registered

Post by hdravid » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks indsaiuk.

To be honest, I donot remember seeing or answering what you mention - "have you lived in UK for 5 years". Could you tell me the page number where this Q is in the set o form, and I'll check my copy and let you know.

regards,
hd

HARPRIT
Newly Registered

Post by HARPRIT » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:46 am

hey buddy...

Congrats !!

Im on the same boat i think u were on the old style WP,but i was just wondering,do we have to show the 2 yrs cohabilation proof for the dependent, as my wife is in the uk for 1.6 yrs on the work permit dependent visa, still we to show the proof, im on the 5yrs work permit for the same employer n im due to apply next week, any suggestions ???

Viju Menon
Newly Registered

Post by Viju Menon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Hello Harprit,
I'm not so sure but I think if she is dependent on your visa then she has to wait for 2 yrs to complete. But after you get your ILR you need to get her spouse visa as her visa stands invalid. Still you should cross check once again with some expert.

I know I'm too late for reply. but i just joined this board.

HSMP2ILR
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP2ILR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 am

Congrats hdravid.

I have my ILR Appt at Croydon next week. So, could you please let me know the format of the cover letter. Completely I missed out from the list.

Thanks in advance

vivekmarwah

Post by vivekmarwah » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:05 am

Dear All, Thanks for the valuable post. I have one query. My daughter was born here and i have got her Biometric which expires in 31 Oct 2012. I plan to file for same day ILR. But to save money, i was thinking of not filing my daughter ILR same day application and i should file for british citizen application once i get my ILR. Would that be fine. Is it not that my daughter would be deemed illegal if i do no add her to my application. Appreciate your wise comments.

Kind Regards

andy77
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success with 64 day gap between EC and first entry

Post by andy77 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi mate

congratulations to u and thanks for sharing ur valuable experience with all of us, My peo appointment is soon but i had one query, is it ok not to include your dependent child born in the uk and apply for their naturalisation directly after my and others dependents ilr.

so what is the status of the child till that point since the dependent visa has experied by that time, and if we have to travel in the meanwhile then what?

thanks a lot
hdravid wrote:Hi all, I attended Solihull PEO today with ILR application (5 yr work permit - same employer) for myself, wife and my son, and all of us were granted ILR ... yippeee !

I wish to thank all the mods and members of this forum whose help I have recieved directly and indirectly ... you guys are simply great ! and a special thanks to sushdmehta !

I was quite worried about the initial gap between my WP entry clearance (15 Sept 2006) and the date I entered UK (18 Nov 2006), since I would not have completed 4 years 11 months of living in the UK before my visa expired. Mods in this forum suggested to me that the ukba modernized guidance regarding calculation of continous 5 year period could apply in my case , since the gap between entry clearance and first entry is less than 3 months.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
So, for anyone in a situation similar to me, please be reassured that it works ... ok, atleast it worked for me !

I'll briefly write about my experience at the PEO and what were the documents asked :

Appointment was at 12.45, we reached around 12.05, (we meaning me and my wife). At the reception, an officer confirmed the appointment and we were asked to show the filled set o form. They gave me a token number, and after going through security check, we sat down - btw, the place was absolutely empty ... just us ! Almost immediately our token number was called and we went to a counter. A polite and friendly lady greeted us from behind a heavy glass panel. Though we had taken with us tons of documents (all well organized -thanks to my wife) ... but she asked only for these :
1) The form - which I gave her. I had placed my cover letter on top of the form, but she barely skimmed thro it. In my cover letter, I had mentioned the gap, and the link to the ukba mordernized guidance document as reference.
2) Passports of all applicants - and I handed over all 3 passports.
3) Life in UK pass certificates for me and wife - I asked her if she could let us know our scores and she happily told us.
4) Employer letter. My employer letter did mention my salary, job title, the SOC code (my HR had mentioned a closest matching code - Technical Artist - because my actual job title - Technical Animator - was not in the list). The letter also mentioned that my sal is greater than whats required as per COP, and that I was still required by my emloyer.
5) 3 months salary slips. I had all P60's ready but she dint ask for them. Infact thats all that she required from me, the main applicant.
6) Birth certificate of my son and our marriage certificate. But she did mention that its ok if you dont have them.
7) Cohabitation documents - I presented GP registration letters, council tax bills - I had these dating more than 3 years - she chose only 2 years worth from what I gave her.

Thats all, no more docs asked. No bank statements, and nothing else. I was expecting her to atleast mention the gap, but she dint. All through the process, we had a nice friendly chat, about my job, about our L in UK scores, and general stuff ..
After about 10 minutes of entering stuff on to her computer she said that everything seems ok, so you will be granted ILR today, please make payments at counter number 6, and collect your passports after 1 and a half hours ... I was quite surprised that it went so smooth ... Went to the payment counter paid £2700

Came back after an hour and a half, the lady at the reception said its not yet ready, may take 45 mins more atleast ... so we went out again came back after 45 mins ... had to wait for around half an hour more before we recieved our passports duly stamped.

Also, I have a 3 year old daughter, UK born, whom I did not include in the application (saving me £££). As per the advice I recieved from these forums, I will be applying for naturalization for her next week...

Any questions, I'll be glad to answer...

good luck !
HD

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:05 pm

hdravid wrote:Thanks indsaiuk.

To be honest, I donot remember seeing or answering what you mention - "have you lived in UK for 5 years". Could you tell me the page number where this Q is in the set o form, and I'll check my copy and let you know.

regards,
hd
Hi

The Question is on page 24, Question D1.

Regards,
Tipu

sibaji

Hi

Post by sibaji » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi hdravid or anybody else, I am also waiting to hear the answer from Tipu's question above.

Is it a "yes" or "no" when my gap between my EC clearance and entry in the UK is around 2-3 months ?