ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MBA on HSMP ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destinationUK2007
Newly Registered

MBA on HSMP ??

Post by destinationUK2007 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:39 pm

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know whether I can do my MBA in UK after getting HSMP ?
I am planning to do my MBA for Fall 2007 in UK and will be in UK on HSMP from January 2007.

Please let me know does HSMP allow me to go for studies and if yes then what happens to the 2 years period I am given for showing my financial strength.

Thanks in advance...This is my 1st post to immigration boards

SS

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi,
Is it a part time or full time course ? ITs worth going through below case..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=9661

b2w hsmp is not purely for education purpose......
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

destinationUK2007
Newly Registered

Post by destinationUK2007 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:08 am

itsme wrote:Hi,
Is it a part time or full time course ? ITs worth going through below case..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=9661

b2w hsmp is not purely for education purpose......
Its full time 1 year MBA course.

I have read throught the link given, and thats why the question came to my mind coz I had no clue of something like this could happen.

If some senior memeber can give me details then it will be very much helpful.

thanks
ss

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: MBA on HSMP ??

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:59 pm

This has been discussed many times in this forum in the past. Try to use search facilities.

I know a case someone use his HSMP visa (it was year 2003/2004) for full time degree course and he still get to manage to get extention. but not full extension (at that time 3 years). He just got 1 year extension instead.

Certainly, we should assume that HSMP residence permit visa is not intended for studying. However, I think they cannot deport pepole because there is not any HO documents mentioning cleraly that HSMP residence permit holder cannot study. Thus this is still a grey area.

But we just read the detantion case in other posting. It seems that they become more strick about this issue. Remeber that they exepct you to work pay tax, pay NI contrbution.

In the opposite if you study beside you do not contribute to the tax, pay NI system. You gain from time you spend on study becaue your time count towards your 5 years ILR.

Just take another case that might happen if you continue your study to PhD degree which micht take you 4 years. Thus al together with your MBA study will make 5 years will qualify you for ILR without ever contribute to the pay tax, pay NI contrbution. In the mentime, after getting ILR you qualify for benefit without ever contribute to the syste. I think this is the HO already see this loophole and try to prevent it.

I read the previous posting that it is written somewhere that HSMP residence permit cannot be used to study. Those who raise this issue could you please shed the light where ithe document is ?

Of cource better if you drop your study. However if this is not the option,
I think next time you better say I am looking for a Job (this is just my opinion and this is open for discussion). HSMP residence permit give you the right to stay in the UK even without the job as long as you could maintain your self without recourse of public fund.

destinationUK2007 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know whether I can do my MBA in UK after getting HSMP ?
I am planning to do my MBA for Fall 2007 in UK and will be in UK on HSMP from January 2007.

Please let me know does HSMP allow me to go for studies and if yes then what happens to the 2 years period I am given for showing my financial strength.

Thanks in advance...This is my 1st post to immigration boards

SS

destinationUK2007
Newly Registered

Post by destinationUK2007 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:54 pm

pantaiema wrote:This has been discussed many times in this forum in the past. Try to use search facilities.

I know a case someone use his HSMP visa (it was year 2003/2004) for full time degree course and he still get to manage to get extention. but not full extension (at that time 3 years). He just got 1 year extension instead.

Certainly, we should assume that HSMP residence permit visa is not intended for studying. However, I think they cannot deport pepole because there is not any HO documents mentioning cleraly that HSMP residence permit holder cannot study. Thus this is still a grey area.

But we just read the detantion case in other posting. It seems that they become more strick about this issue. Remeber that they exepct you to work pay tax, pay NI contrbution.

In the opposite if you study beside you do not contribute to the tax, pay NI system. You gain from time you spend on study becaue your time count towards your 5 years ILR.

Just take another case that might happen if you continue your study to PhD degree which micht take you 4 years. Thus al together with your MBA study will make 5 years will qualify you for ILR without ever contribute to the pay tax, pay NI contrbution. In the mentime, after getting ILR you qualify for benefit without ever contribute to the syste. I think this is the HO already see this loophole and try to prevent it.

I read the previous posting that it is written somewhere that HSMP residence permit cannot be used to study. Those who raise this issue could you please shed the light where ithe document is ?

Of cource better if you drop your study. However if this is not the option,
I think next time you better say I am looking for a Job (this is just my opinion and this is open for discussion). HSMP residence permit give you the right to stay in the UK even without the job as long as you could maintain your self without recourse of public fund.
thanks a lot...this gives me a lot of information.
From my side its for sure that I want to do one year mba and nothing more after that. If i land up in January 2007, then I will be earning till Sep 2007 before my schools starts and then will start back by October or November 2008 after my MBA.
If my MBA is from universities which are under MBA provision then after my MBA i will be allowed to stay and work for one year. Will that help me in anyways extending my HSMP 2 year stay ?

thanks
ss

PASS

Post by PASS » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:56 pm

This is absouletely wrong (planned entry work-study-work under HSMP).
pantaiema wrote: HSMP residence permit give you the right to stay in the UK even without the job as long as you could maintain your self without recourse of public fund.
Others encourgaing this approaches are morally violating their original undertaking signed with HO when they entered as an H S Migrant.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:01 pm

Hi Mate

Could you prove that my stement is wrong. Show me the Ho publication document to prove that ??
PASS wrote:t;]This is absouletely wrong (planned entry work-study-work under HSMP).
pantaiema wrote: HSMP residence permit give you the right to stay in the UK even without the job as long as you could maintain your self without recourse of public fund.
Others encourgaing this approaches are morally violating their original undertaking signed with HO when they entered as an H S Migrant.
I am not encouraging people to study under HSMP. I just shed the light of what I know. You could see my other postings about this issue.

In fact I always emphasize that people who use HSMO to study might think it will be benefial in the first instance but the problem will probably come later when time to file up extention or ILR. There is very high risk of rejection.

Pantaiema

PASS

Post by PASS » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:02 am

No problem with your quote, except the context of usage above, I referred that as immoral not as wrong. I referred work-study (F/T)-work plan under HSPM is wrong.

HSMP is the only option given for non-EEA nationals to stay without a job. This is the freedom given to the holder to ACTIVELY LOOK for a JOB not for undertaking study. Exploiting this would lead to problem in future for others, i.e., this freedom will be taken away. Justifying study under HSMP by any means promotes many others to explore this option. Senior forum members should not encourage this, because, the pride EVERY ONE ENJOYS now will be lifted for future applicants.

A.HSMP applicant has to submit their plan. Will destinationUK2007 detailed about his work-study-work plan?

B. Please read the declaration one has to sign in the HSMP application – it is an offence to make false statement to gain entry.

Summary: If you want to study come as a Student or convert as a student, there is a provision for that.

I won't make any more comments on this subject- Thanks.

destinationUK2007
Newly Registered

Post by destinationUK2007 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:02 pm

PASS wrote:No problem with your quote, except the context of usage above, I referred that as immoral not as wrong. I referred work-study (F/T)-work plan under HSPM is wrong.

HSMP is the only option given for non-EEA nationals to stay without a job. This is the freedom given to the holder to ACTIVELY LOOK for a JOB not for undertaking study. Exploiting this would lead to problem in future for others, i.e., this freedom will be taken away. Justifying study under HSMP by any means promotes many others to explore this option. Senior forum members should not encourage this, because, the pride EVERY ONE ENJOYS now will be lifted for future applicants.

A.HSMP applicant has to submit their plan. Will destinationUK2007 detailed about his work-study-work plan?

B. Please read the declaration one has to sign in the HSMP application – it is an offence to make false statement to gain entry.

Summary: If you want to study come as a Student or convert as a student, there is a provision for that.

I won't make any more comments on this subject- Thanks.
Hey dude,

I guess you have taken the discussion in a wrong direction !!
I wanted my information which is not yet cleared and you are here with all your fundamentals.

This forum is for people who have some doubts to share and get clarification and not direct statements of what to do and what not to do.

I wanted to know for MBA on HSMP only for the reason that I should not break the rules and get myself in trouble afterwards. Thats the reason I had posted query to the forum.

Suggestion given by senior members were to help me know what is right and what is worng and not what should i do and how to break HSMP rules.

It will be great if I get some suggestions from senior memebers rather then you posting your fundamentals here in the forum. Nobody is here to do wrong things...its for avoiding wrong things.

thanks
ss

PASS

Post by PASS » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:56 am

The HO has finally responded with complete change in HSMP approval and extension procedure with new points system.

Misuse of HSMP by few made several others position worst. This is what I meant few months back.

PASS