ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier-2 Salary Requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psychic

PSW to Tier-2 Salary Requirement

Post by psychic » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi All

I am currently working on a role with an hourly salary requirement of £13.86 to switch from PSW to Tier-2

This equates to 13.86*37.5*52 = £27,027 per annum

I am currently being paid 27,000 for a 37 hour work week and this equates to 27000/52/37 = £14.03 per hour

Which implies that I clearly qualify based on hourly earnings, however, given whats happening of late, should I be concerned and ask for an increase of £27 while applying for my visa? :lol:

I work for a big organization and it might not be as straightforward as expected and hence I am asking fairly earlier than my expiry date. Is anybody aware if any other benefits can be included as part of the calculation?

Thanks

psychic

Post by psychic » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:53 pm

bumping thread for sushdmehta

can defined pension contributions be added as part of salary?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: PSW to Tier-2 Salary Requirement

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 pm

psychic wrote:Which implies that I clearly qualify based on hourly earnings, however, given whats happening of late, should I be concerned and ask for an increase of £27 while applying for my visa?
You already know that you qualify for 20 points. What has happened lately that worries you?

psychic

Re: PSW to Tier-2 Salary Requirement

Post by psychic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
psychic wrote:Which implies that I clearly qualify based on hourly earnings, however, given whats happening of late, should I be concerned and ask for an increase of £27 while applying for my visa?
You already know that you qualify for 20 points. What has happened lately that worries you?
Because i am short by £27 as shown in my first post and given how the government views immigration regardless of quality of late, it is a concern.