ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test, any changes expected? and its validity?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raraavis
Newly Registered

Life in UK test, any changes expected? and its validity?

Post by Raraavis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi, I am new to this site and I need some info. I have recently (aug, 11) got my ILR under HSMP JR. I am eligible to apply for British citizenship after a year. All I know is that I need to pass Life in UK test before I apply for BC. One of my friend suggested that I should pass this test now as it will become difficult with time as they are adding more sections/chapters to the book. I was wondering if there is any such likelihood that test will become difficult in next year or how long this test is valid for or is there any validity time?

What would you suggest, should I go on and start preparing for it now?

Member of Standing

Re: Life in UK test, any changes expected? and its validity

Post by 1664 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Raraavis wrote:Hi, I am new to this site and I need some info. I have recently (aug, 11) got my ILR under HSMP JR. I am eligible to apply for British citizenship after a year. All I know is that I need to pass Life in UK test before I apply for BC. One of my friend suggested that I should pass this test now as it will become difficult with time as they are adding more sections/chapters to the book. I was wondering if there is any such likelihood that test will become difficult in next year or how long this test is valid for or is there any validity time?

What would you suggest, should I go on and start preparing for it now?
Not sure what's going to happen moving forwards - but I took mine few months ago and it takes about 2 weeks to prepare - just read through once and practise on the questions.

Get it done and out of the way!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:49 pm

hi pleae click on the link hope this will help and practice it goodluck

http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1
NAZIA XX

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Raraavis
Newly Registered

Post by Raraavis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks for the replies. Any other suggestions? Has anyone tried their i Phone app?

pskhanuja
Newly Registered

Post by pskhanuja » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 pm

I passed the exam today. And yes I downloaded i-phone app (worth spending 3 pound).

PSK

Raraavis
Newly Registered

Post by Raraavis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 pm

pskhanuja wrote:I passed the exam today. And yes I downloaded i-phone app (worth spending 3 pound).

PSK
Did you read the official book as well or just the app was enough? Did u use any other books or question/answer books? What would u recommend me to use as study guide?

pskhanuja
Newly Registered

Post by pskhanuja » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 pm

I read official LIUK book and practiced on app. Don't buy the official Q/A book as all the Questions from Q/A are available in app.

Raraavis
Newly Registered

Post by Raraavis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:45 pm

pskhanuja wrote:I read official LIUK book and practiced on app. Don't buy the official Q/A book as all the Questions from Q/A are available in app.
Thanks for the reply. I had the same plan. Good luck to you.