ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration to UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Srikar
Newly Registered

Immigration to UK

Post by Srikar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:38 am

Hi all,

I am currently working in India in IT(SAP ABAP). How difficult or easy is it to get a work permit sponsor or to get a HSMP?what would be the likely costs involved? Is it worth the risk involved?

Thanks...

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Immigration to UK

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:21 pm

Srikar wrote:Hi all,
I am currently working in India in IT(SAP ABAP). Thanks...
IT is not considered as "shortage occupation i the UK> MEans there are already enoguh people in the UK (demand=supply)

How difficult or easy is it to get a work permit sponsor or to get a HSMP?
Thanks...
Depends on your circumstances. You could try HSMP calculator in the workpermit website and access your self.
what would be the likely costs involved? Is it worth the risk involved?
Thanks...
If you get decent Job (not student job) you will be able to maintain yourself, do not need to worry.

Pantaiema

Meriem
Newly Registered

Post by Meriem » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:06 pm

I am currently working in India in IT(SAP ABAP). How difficult or easy is it to get a work permit sponsor or to get a HSMP?what would be the likely costs involved? Is it worth the risk involved?

Thanks...
is there an immigration system existing here in the UK? is it like the USA...or the..CANADA ?

Explain please... :arrow:

Thanks!

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:52 pm

If anybody wants to come to the UK on work permit, they first need to find an employer who is ready to sponsor work permit. And as pantaiema said, given that IT is out of short list now, there are hardly anyone who would be willing to sponsor work permit for someone who is lacking in UK experience. HSMP, if you qualify, would be ideal. Then again, you should be sure enough of your skills and confident enough that you will find work.
S

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:48 am

it's funny.. IT is not on the shortage lists yet more than 50% of the HSMP candidates in the UK are in IT.... :D :D :D

British

Post by British » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:42 pm

"it's funny.. IT is not on the shortage lists yet more than 50% of the HSMP candidates in the UK are in IT.... "

The key here is however, how many of those HSMP candidates did find enough work in the UK in IT. There might be several cases of successful candidates though, but still....

The HSMP forum is filled with people crying out that they had to do low-skilled jobs like security, McDonalsds/Tesco/ASDA etc., when these people were IT professionals. ;-)

Anyway, just a thought! I think it is true that the demand =< supply as far as IT is concerned.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Just for those who have not seen this link

Post by pantaiema » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:07 pm

Just for those who have not seen this link.

The full list of UK "Shortage Occupation", can be found in the following link.

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/work_permi ... ations.htm

I still believe that finding the job to some degrees also depends on 'social capital'. 'IT IS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW".

Also to some degrees depends on our luck. So do not just rely on the list of 'shortage occupation' you need to try if you want to know the outcomes.

Good luck with job hunting.
Pantaiema

ashishashah
India

Finding a job in CRM?

Post by ashishashah » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:47 pm

Right,

Are we saying that finding a job in IT is difficult??
But i see a lot of ads. on Jobsites , looking for iT consultants??

I am planning to come in UK on HSMP (got approved), but now looking at this posts , shd. i rethink??

Ashish

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Finding a job in CRM?

Post by Wanderer » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:26 pm

ashishashah wrote:Right,

I am planning to come in UK on HSMP (got approved), but now looking at this posts , shd. i rethink??

Ashish
You should be wary of jobsites and especially agents. you'll often find the same job advertised across seven or eight agencies on the same jobsite, such is the cut-throat nature of the recruiting business.

Also a goodly portion of these jobs simply don't exist, they are a CV-dredging operation by the agencies, both to hawk to potential customers, but more cynically to see where you are working now and try and find someone on their book to fit ur job when u leave!

And don't give referee's, or u'll find the agent calling them asking if they are looking for people, especially since you are leaving/have left......

Aren't I cynical!

Steve

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:42 pm

It's not as bad as it was last time this year, but again I don't know much about chances of HSMP visa, but mainly for any job, you succeed if your skills Vs the current demand, matches - not just Visa/status.

If you can freelance on HSMP ( which I beleive is permitted ) why not give it a shot and see something hits within a certain period of time?
ashishashah wrote:

Ashish

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:19 pm

As I mentioned before I still believe that finding the job to some degrees also depends on on your luck. So do not just rely on the list of 'shortage occupation' you have to try it if you want to know the outcomes.

But indeed, quite a few HSMP people with IT background ended up working in the job which are normally done by the students.

Why not try your luck. Ypu have to consider that get HSMP is a kind of achievement. And give you advabtage to those with IT background back do not posses HSMP.

Pantaiema

ashishashah wrote:Right,

Ashish

London coool
BANNED

Post by London coool » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:40 pm

Thanks...

Bear in mind that not every IT job qualifies for an HSMP visa, as they may have to be Graduate level jobs by UK standard. In other words, there may some foreign IT occupations that may not necessarily need a degree to perform in the UK even though the person has a degree and as such may be turn down for the HSMP visa. There is a working checklist that shows the kind of IT jobs that are acceptable as Graduate level jobs in UK, most Immigration consultants have them.

uk_job_hunter
Newly Registered

Post by uk_job_hunter » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Hi guys,

I am SAP Basis consultant with 5 years of experience and got HSMP approval. And got my EC as well. Do anyone know about any job openings in UK for my profile.

any information regarding this is highly appreciated.

uk.destiny

Post by uk.destiny » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi,

You can forward your cv to this mail id sklntk@rediffmail.com
They can do good placements.

Thanks,
Uk destiny

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:19 pm

You can contact us at Azlan.san@gmai.com