ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL followed by ILR!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wasiter

NTL followed by ILR!

Post by wasiter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:32 am

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help from the board.. i have managed to got my ILR for my wife yesterday..All clear..No issues.

Now, she in the process of going for a 2 mnths break in India)will be leaving in a month time) and her passport is getting expired in 3 months...Hence, my plan is to apply for the extension in India..

Now, after i got the ILR for my wife i saw a letter from the UKBA (this, they give when they give you the passport) it says that if you go for a break you should prove that you really have a connection back to UK...?

Also, importantly, What is NTL- ? Can she go back to India and get a new passport and come back with her new passport & ILR stamped in old passport. - Will it have any issues?

Could you someone clarify?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: NTL followed by ILR!

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 am

wasiter wrote:Also, importantly, What is NTL- ?
NTL
wasiter wrote:Can she go back to India and get a new passport and come back with her new passport & ILR stamped in old passport. - Will it have any issues?
Yes and No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wasiter

Re: NTL followed by ILR!

Post by wasiter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:57 am

sushdmehta wrote:
wasiter wrote:Also, importantly, What is NTL- ?
NTL
wasiter wrote:Can she go back to India and get a new passport and come back with her new passport & ILR stamped in old passport. - Will it have any issues?
Yes and No.
What is the values of YES - I mean what are the issues?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 am

Two answers to two questions. Read your questions in sequence and interpret the answers respectively.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:04 am

sushdmehta wrote:Two answers to two questions. Read your questions in sequence and interpret the answers respectively.
ahh!

Can she go back to India and get a new passport - Ofcourse, it's a YES

Can she come back with her new passport & ILR stamped in old passport -Ofcourse, she can!

But, will it give any troubles in the UKBA - ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:07 am

wasiter wrote:Can she go back to India and get a new passport and come back with her new passport & ILR stamped in old passport.
Yes.
wasiter wrote:Will it have any issues?
No.

:roll:

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:09 am

sushdmehta wrote:
wasiter wrote:Can she go back to India and get a new passport and come back with her new passport & ILR stamped in old passport.
Yes.
wasiter wrote:Will it have any issues?
No.

:roll:
Cheers