ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa after getting PR(eea4)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sameer2012

Dependent visa after getting PR(eea4)

Post by sameer2012 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi I would like to ask that one of friend gets PR(permanent residence) after 5 year on the basis of his marriage with eea national.The couple is already divorced now my friend wants to marry again in his home country.what visa her new partner will get eith its 2 years spouse visa or 5 years spouse visa(base on eea4 permanent Residence).
Please guide me if you can provide any link regarding this would be great.thanks
SAMEER

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

PR

Post by nonspecifics » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 pm

If a non-EEA national has acquired PR through marriage to an EEA national that makes him a permanent resident of the UK.

It does not make him an EEA national in his own right.

Thus, if he then wants to sponsor a fiance or spouse when he has P R of the UK, then he would have to do it under the UK immigration rules not under the EU route.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... vilpartne/

sameer2012

Re: PR

Post by sameer2012 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:51 pm

nonspecifics wrote:If a non-EEA national has acquired PR through marriage to an EEA national that makes him a permanent resident of the UK.

It does not make him an EEA national in his own right.

Thus, if he then wants to sponsor a fiance or spouse when he has P R of the UK, then he would have to do it under the UK immigration rules not under the EU route.
thanks for the information. so what it means that his partner will get 2 years spouse visa.am I right?
SAMEER

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Visas

Post by nonspecifics » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:29 pm

For further information on UK visa questions it's best to ask in the UK immigration forum or the moderators will move your post and criticise.

mobio
Newly Registered

Post by mobio » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:36 pm

nonspecifics

I am not sure about what you just said:

''If a non-EEA national has acquired PR through marriage to an EEA national that makes him a permanent resident of the UK. if he then wants to sponsor a fiance or spouse when he has P R of the UK, then he would have to do it under the UK immigration rules not under the EU route. ''.

I am not very verse in immigration law, however having PR should allow anyone to use either immigration law or European law to sponsor a spouse. What you need to understand is that PR is obtained through EU law while ILR is through immigration law. The difference is between 2 years spouse visa (which costs a lot of money) and the 5 years visa that would take the spouse to get to PR status.

I hope some Gurus could shed some light on this issue.

vinny

Re: Visas

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:40 pm

nonspecifics wrote:For further information on UK visa questions it's best to ask in the UK immigration forum or the moderators will move your post and criticise.
Topic moved.

nonspecifics is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mobio
Newly Registered

Post by mobio » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 pm

vinny wrote:
nonspecifics wrote:For further information on UK visa questions it's best to ask in the UK immigration forum or the moderators will move your post and criticise.
Topic moved.

nonspecifics is correct.
Regarding the topic if the new PR holder could marry under the EU law or the UK immigration law. I called the UKBA and they confirm that a PR holder could marry using the EU law with a non-EAA partner.

Now I don't know if the person needs to be inside the UK or outside the UK.

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:34 pm

vinny wrote:
Topic moved.

nonspecifics is correct.
Hi can you please tell where this topic moved so i could get help from my seniors.thanks
SAMEER

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:35 pm

sameer2012 wrote:
vinny wrote:
Topic moved.

nonspecifics is correct.
Hi can you please tell where this topic moved so i could get help from my seniors.thanks
if you can post in and view your topic then you can see where it has been moved to.

you have already been given the answer and referred to the relevent guidance. your spouse needs to apply under the immigration rules for leave to enter as your spouse.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

PR

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:56 pm

An EEA national who also has PR in the UK can choose to apply under the EU Directive or UK immigration law, so maybe that's what UKBA meant.

A non-EEA national who has acquired PR in the UK through being legally resident in the UK under EU law is still a non-EEA national.

He now has Permanent Resident status which gives him rights under UK immigration law.

This gives him the right to sponsor under UK immigration law as already explained.