ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jcargm
Newly Registered

PR after divorce

Post by jcargm » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a Non EU national (from Mexico). In 2004 I married a Polish citizen, while in the UK and we divorced in 2010.

during this time, I've been working full time, and also my ex-wife.

I recently had my EEA-4 application refused, as my ex-wife would only provide me a letter from her employer until March 2008, at the time when she left me (separation), although she has been working for the same employer up until now.

I have two questions which I will be very grateful for your advice:

- is there another way to demonstrate to the Home Office that my ex has worked continuously, despite her not willing to provide me any document?

- how much time do I have to submit my appeal?

Thanks for your help!

jc

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 pm

See also Amos.
I believe that you have 10 business days for submitting an appeal, if you're not in detention.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.