ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application issue

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rukh
BANNED

Application issue

Post by Rukh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Hello Everyone
I have applied Naturalization and LTR on 28th of August 2011 .
I got LTR ref number perfect fine you have passed 5 years and here is ur ref number.

After 2 months from INIS stating
Does not have 5 years reckon able residency .. based on the information you are 16 days short of meeting the 5 year statutory residency requirement it is open to you to lodge a new application if and when you are in a position to meet the statutory requirements applicable that time ..

WHAT A NONSENSE .. i have applied after that time passed . I know they want LTR to be approved as well because now i have 10 month visa in hand ... what a mess again to collect all the documents and ref .. this is shit ..

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Did you attach your stamps Print with online Residency Calculator? What does that Calculator say?
PIKKA

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:31 pm

what section sent you a letter saying that you are short?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:33 pm

if it's LTR, no problem, just wait until you have completed the 60months, or until those 16 days pass and apply again. but you have to submit just a letter saying that you want to make a new applications, and all the documents were already submitted with your previous application and should be on your file.

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:46 pm

PIKKA wrote:Did you attach your stamps Print with online Residency Calculator? What does that Calculator say?
i did not attached when i applied it was 1815 days

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:49 pm

agniukas wrote:if it's LTR, no problem, just wait until you have completed the 60months, or until those 16 days pass and apply again. but you have to submit just a letter saying that you want to make a new applications, and all the documents were already submitted with your previous application and should be on your file.
Its not LTR i am fine with LTR i got the ref letter . its the Naturalization application reply. do i have to submit new application with all documents ??????as my 16 days gone however i have 9 months visa in hand as its required 1 year visa . i think i need to wait for LTR or my next visa renew . Please advice

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:15 pm

is it a new requirement to have 1 year visa? i have never heard about it...
i know that the lkast year has to be continous, but i haven't heard about the 1 year visa into the future for application?

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm

agniukas wrote:is it a new requirement to have 1 year visa? i have never heard about it...
i know that the lkast year has to be continous, but i haven't heard about the 1 year visa into the future for application?
Before you apply for Naturalization you have to have 1 year visa in hand .. that is on application form and i got the feeling if you have an hour short your application will be returned after 3 months and then you have to apply again after updating visa.

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:10 am

i have never seen this rule that you should have a 1 year visa to apply. One can apply for citizenship after 5 yrs of stay .. and when the work visa is given for 2 years block .. it would mean that people can apply for citizenship only after 6 yrs. None can apply after 5 yrs .. i mean just an eyewash .. for people who are in the state for 60 months continuous without any break.

can you please point out where this rule is ? i could not find that in the application form.

thanks
*$

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:33 am

starbuck wrote:i have never seen this rule that you should have a 1 year visa to apply. One can apply for citizenship after 5 yrs of stay .. and when the work visa is given for 2 years block .. it would mean that people can apply for citizenship only after 6 yrs. None can apply after 5 yrs .. i mean just an eyewash .. for people who are in the state for 60 months continuous without any break.

can you please point out where this rule is ? i could not find that in the application form.

thanks
*$
If your application is based on having 5 years residence:
• Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passports showing residency permission stamps for a
period of 1 year immediately prior to the application
and 4 years in the 8 year period before that (i.e. 5 x 365
days plus one day for each permission period in which 29 February falls (leap year)).

Page 1
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... 02011).pdf

let me know if i am reading wrong... I year immediately prior to the application stamp required on your passport.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:35 pm

that means that you need a continous 1 year BEFORE the date of application for naturalisation. meaning if you have a gap of even a month in the last year BEFORE you submit your application, it will not be accepted. it does not matter how long is your permission after you apply for naturalistion. However, it is advisable to renew your permission until you get naturalised.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:28 pm

i never heard 1 year visa rule. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 pm

agniukas wrote:that means that you need a continous 1 year BEFORE the date of application for naturalisation. meaning if you have a gap of even a month in the last year BEFORE you submit your application, it will not be accepted. it does not matter how long is your permission after you apply for naturalistion. However, it is advisable to renew your permission until you get naturalised.
ok Thank you so much means i can apply right now as i have now 10 months visa and i have passed 16 Days what i have applied a little early as per INIS .

Question -
As I have not received my application and documents back from INIS . Do i need to submit all the documents again ?

I can see the application is stated its is open to you to apply again once that 16 days passed and its now 2 months passed actually .

Please advice .

Kind Regards
Rukh

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:50 am

yes you have to reply again .make sure attach the letter with new application which you recieve from citizenship divsion.good luck anyway.

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:38 am

IQU wrote:yes you have to reply again .make sure attach the letter with new application which you recieve from citizenship divsion.good luck anyway.
Thank everyone for the help
Great Help