ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (general, switching from PSW to Tier2 requirements)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rka9b
India

Tier 2 (general, switching from PSW to Tier2 requirements)

Post by rka9b » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi,
I am currently on TIER1 PSW visa. My PSW will be eneded on JAN 2012. I am currently working as an Design Engineer in a manufacturing company. I want to switch it into Tier2 General.
Here are my quueries:
1. My employer is ready to sponsor me. My question is, when should my employer apply for certificate of sponsorship? or licence registration
2. What is the process of applying for certificate of sponsorship?
3. When should i apply?
4. What should be the minimum salary for my job?—what is the requiremnt of minimum wage to qualify for TIER2 GENERAL.
At present my salary is 19500k

I will be waiting for ur prompt response.

Thank you

Cheers

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:55 pm

CHeck answers below... but first go and read the guidance in UKBA for your reference....you need to know what to do so read it thouroughly....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:13 pm Post subject: Tier 2 (general, switching from PSW to Tier2 requirements)
Hi,
I am currently on TIER1 PSW visa. My PSW will be eneded on JAN 2012. I am currently working as an Design Engineer in a manufacturing company. I want to switch it into Tier2 General.
Here are my quueries:
1. My employer is ready to sponsor me. My question is, when should my employer apply for certificate of sponsorship? or licence registration.

(FIrst you ned to check if your company has the registration from UKBA website... if not then as them to apply if yes then you need your employer to get a COS)
2. What is the process of applying for certificate of sponsorship?

It is called a sponsor management system an authorising officer willl need to do

3. When should i apply?

Depends upon you usually 28 days before your visa expires

4. What should be the minimum salary for my job?—what is the requiremnt of minimum wage to qualify for TIER2 GENERAL.
At present my salary is 19500k

Their is no minimum salary depends upon your job but you will need at least 20000 pounds. You need to check you salary and job title that best matches your work at UKBA SOC Code/
hope this helps.

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Thank you virgos143
I have few more queries
I couldn't find my SOC code for my job tile ( Design Engineer)
Present my salary is 20k , Do i qualify ?

Thank you

Cheers

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:08 pm

your not meant to find the exact job title you need to find the best job title that suits your job description. the job title you find under the SOC code must again be under or same as 20 K to qualify again this should be caluclated under the 37.5hous per week. that menas if you are working 40 hours and earning 20k then this must be pro rata to match it to 37.5 hours. i hope this answers your query!!

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Virgos,
Thank you for replying
I found my job SOC code which is 2126 under Design and Development Engineers And min salary per hour is 14.40 which is 28k per annum.
And my present salary is 19.5k per annum. my salary will be raised next month to 21k. I am nowhere near to SOC code salary.
Any suggestions, appreciated.

Thank you

Cheers