ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice for traffic offense

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

powerant
Newly Registered

Need advice for traffic offense

Post by powerant » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:10 pm

found this forum today and i have to say it is amazing after reading the posts.
i can see so many experts in here. i should have found this forum much earlier. ;)
there is one thing i need advice: today received a bus lane penalty charging notice... about 10,000 drivers received such notice in one month in my area for the confusing sign post and lane markings... ;(
going to apply for ILR in Oct. under section 7.1 on SET(O) it mentions :
Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against you?

i am just wondering should i mention this in there or it is not counted at all?

many thanks for your help.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm

If you have just one Fixed Penalty Notice in the last 12 months you should be OK.
John

powerant
Newly Registered

Post by powerant » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 pm

John wrote:If you have just one Fixed Penalty Notice in the last 12 months you should be OK.
thank you John.
found some info here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/
Your criminal record

We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over.

You must also provide details of all civil proceedings which have resulted in a court order being made against you.

You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were given in court. You must include all drink-driving offences. An explanation of unspent convictions is given below.

it is for the citizenship application, but the rules for traffice offenses in here also apply to the ILR application?

any other ideas? :idea:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

powerant
Newly Registered

Post by powerant » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:58 pm

sushdmehta wrote:See also New criminality threshold
Thank you Sushdmehta.

on the form it reads:
Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against you?
Yes
No

If you have answered yes to question 7.1 above, give details below for each criminal conviction and/or civil judgment, starting with the most recent one - but first see Note 3 about criminal convictions.

my question is :

is PCN counted as crimial conviction? i believe not?(with reference to the link you provided, it is not)
neither is PCN a civil judgement unless settled in court?
so basically no need to mention if any traffic offense is neither crimical conviction nor civil judgement?
is my understanding correct?

many thanks