ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Extn - Debit card declined - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

caltrain
BANNED

Tier-1 Extn - Debit card declined - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by caltrain » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied for a Tier1 extension last week. I chose to pay by debit card (terrible mistake) and was expecting my account to be debited for £1000 this week. When i didn’t see any deductions from my account, i called up my bank and they gave me the most unfortunate news that they declined the HO attempt to charge my account because of the Max transaction limit set on the account, which i wasn’t aware of.

Now i am really hating myself for not checking this earlier and really really gutted :( . Just wanted to find out if anyone knew what will happen now to my application.

Can i possibly send them a covering letter with a new payment method or something?? Will they accept that?

Will HO contact me regarding the payment or will they just send my application back? Does anyone know how long do they normally take to do that? What are the implications if they do that?

Please help…… How should i correct this terrible mistake ?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

God Bless
Last edited by caltrain on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sanjaywakhare

Re: Tier-1 Extension - Debit card payment declined

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:43 pm

caltrain wrote:Hello Everyone,

I applied for a Tier1 extension last week. I chose to pay by debit card (terrible mistake) and was expecting my account to be debited for £1000 this week. When i didn’t see any deductions from my account, i called up my bank and they gave me the most unfortunate news that they declined the HO attempt to charge my account because of the Max transaction limit set on the account, which i wasn’t aware of.

Now i am really hating myself for not checking this earlier and really really gutted :( . Just wanted to find out if anyone knew what will happen now to my application.

Can i possibly send them a covering letter with a new payment method or something?? Will they accept that?

Will HO contact me regarding the payment or will they just send my application back? Does anyone know how long do they normally take to do that? What are the implications if they do that?

Please help…… How should i correct this terrible mistake ?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

God Bless
That's really terrible thing to know. Which bank?? I believe DEBIT card has a very high limit (£10,000 or so)... £1000 should have been a smooth transaction.

I am not sure but I remember that i've read somewhere that HO tries to clear payment 3 times before making any decision. You can call you bank and ask them NOT to decline any transaction on your account. (Once ur done with HO work DO NOT FORGET to call up bank again and ask them to set transaction check as normal).

Good luck mate!