ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PakKnight
Newly Registered

Post by PakKnight » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:09 am

batleykhan wrote:
PakKnight wrote:Salaam

When you make the appeal do you write as the appellant in the reason why you believe the refusal was wrong or does the sponsor write as themselves if they are making the appeal.

Appreciate any assistance as time is limited.
The sponsor writes on behalf of the appellant ( applicant) :wink:

Salaam, Thank you for the response batleykhan :wink: .

One more question can the refusal appeal form IAFT2 be filled in electronically or do you have to submit a written copy. Appreciate an help>

SWEET TRADER
Newly Registered

Post by SWEET TRADER » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:44 am

PakKnight wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

When you make the appeal do you write as the appellant in the reason why you believe the refusal was wrong or does the sponsor write as themselves if they are making the appeal.

One more question can the refusal appeal form IAFT2 be filled in electronically or do you have to submit a written copy. Appreciate an help>

Assalaam Alaikum

My wifes visa application has been refused today. Could you please advise me if you have to appeal from here in the uk or back in Pakistan?

Does anyone have Batley Khan direct number or email address?

Please advice.......

Best of Luck to everyone............

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 pm

@ SWEET TRADER

Assalaam Alaikum

My wifes visa application has been refused today. Could you please advise me if you have to appeal from here in the uk or back in Pakistan?

Please advice.......

Sorry to hear the bad news brother,
when did you submit? after how long did they reject?
Also what grounds did they refuse on?
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 pm

PakKnight wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Submit a written copy along with refusal notice and good reasons and explanation why you think the ECO is wrong in refusing your spouse.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 pm

SWEET TRADER wrote:
PakKnight wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Assalaam Alaikum

Please advice.......

I will save you the trouble of contacting me.

A number of people her have claimed that they have done their appeals from Pakistan. This is not right and incorrect.

For a start only certain qualified people in the UK can do appeals ( if the sponsor themselves are not doing it).

It is advisable that the sponsor does all the work.( the applicant doesn't get involved at all after refusal.)

The sponsor who should be UK based should seek advice and get someone to represent them at appeal hearing.These same people should complete the appeal form and argue why the applicant should be given a visa. these same people will then argue their points in court if it goes to an appeal hearing.

What a few people have done is got someone to complete their appeal form in Pakistan ( because its cheaper) and then lodged their appeal at either the post where they were refused or IAT in UK.
The problem here is that if the matter goes to a hearing and you seek advice of a solicitor here in UK, he will be reluctant to take matter on because he will then have to try and defend the applicant on the basis of what teh Pak solicitor /advisor has written in the appeal form.

The UK solicitor might not agree to do this, and this will leave you having to represent your own spouse without any legally qualified person to help you.

It is therefore best to get a UK solicitor/Imm advisor to act on your behalf. I know it may cost an arm and a leg, but its not worth taking a risk in the long term.

You have 28 days from receipt of notice to lodge appeal. You will need the AIT2 form / refusal notice to send off with your appeal.

Hope that answers your question. :wink:

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm

@ Nazema

I returned from Pakistan last weekend and had just 2 days within which to gather all my documents to lodge an appeal. I lodged the appeal on Thursday last week. Has anybody any idea how long it is before we hear from the IAT and I am sure that this question has already been asked but I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could advise me as to how long this appeal process takes approximately?
My husband's visa was rejected on the basis that the ECO was not satisfied that he had sufficient knowledge of the English Language despite him submitting his original degree, all his academic transcripts and a letter from the principal confirming that the degree was taught in English. Since then, my husband has appeared in an IELTS exam for his medical studies in which he has scored an overall band of 8.0 out of a possible 9.0. I have included thi with the appeal. The other point that the visa was rejected on, was third party support from my parents. I provided an accomodation report confirming that mthe house would not be overcrowded if my spouse was to reside with me at my parent's address and my parents also provided a letter confirming that they had no issues in accomodating my husband and I. However the ECO has written that third party support is not acceptable for settlement visas. To address this point I have provided documents as evidence that I have shown genuine interest in purchasing a property however have decided not to do so at the moment as my husband has applied for a medical internship in the UKwhich is to commence in 2012. As we are both unaware where he will be posted, there is no logic in me purchasing a property.
Hope the ECO GIVES IN!! Do they normally take the full 6 months to reconsider their decision or are thye likely to give a decision before that time?
Please make du'a
May Allah SWT grant everybody their visas, life is too short to be spending it apart from your loved ones.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Rehana wrote:Our visa was rejected on the basis that the ECO was not satisfied that my husband had any knowledge of the English Language despite his entire degree being taught in English and also the fact that I was living with my parents.
People do not learn and they do not contact lawyers for help, all you needed to do was spend about £200-£300 on an even half decent lawyer and he would have told you, before applying for the settlement visa he has to pass the english test, apaprently it costs £35 or the equivalent in rupees.

I think the MODs need to put it down in Caps Lock and make it a sticky, GET THE ENGLISH TEST DONE!!! It doesn't matter what your qualification, how good your English, unless you do the test at a centre acknowledged by the UKBA in Pakistan, they will have this excuse to reject you.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Rehana, the IELTS, if that was submitted with the original appeal, then I apologise and you have been rejected unfairly.

Secondly, if it wasn't, then you like many others, have wasted £800 on a visa application which is without one of the core elements.

Even now I get the feeling you're trying to sort out the appeal yourself and this is a very very bad option, might be cheaper, but as so many have said and you probably haven't read this thread properly, so many have said having a solicitor do the work for you is far less stressful, easier to understand and definately a more reliable and sensible option.

Before you do anything else, for the love of God Almighty, would you please speak to a legal expert on the matter. Even if it costs you £150 for the consultation, it will be well worth it and there are solicitors who do everything for you and will charge around £500, about 2 weeks salary for the average person.

wassap

Post by wassap » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:50 am

Rehana wrote:@ Nazema

I returned from Pakistan last weekend and had just 2 days within which to gather all my documents to lodge an appeal. I lodged the appeal on Thursday last week. Has anybody any idea how long it is before we hear from the IAT and I am sure that this question has already been asked but I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could advise me as to how long this appeal process takes approximately?
My husband's visa was rejected on the basis that the ECO was not satisfied that he had sufficient knowledge of the English Language despite him submitting his original degree, all his academic transcripts and a letter from the principal confirming that the degree was taught in English. Since then, my husband has appeared in an IELTS exam for his medical studies in which he has scored an overall band of 8.0 out of a possible 9.0. I have included thi with the appeal. The other point that the visa was rejected on, was third party support from my parents. I provided an accomodation report confirming that mthe house would not be overcrowded if my spouse was to reside with me at my parent's address and my parents also provided a letter confirming that they had no issues in accomodating my husband and I. However the ECO has written that third party support is not acceptable for settlement visas. To address this point I have provided documents as evidence that I have shown genuine interest in purchasing a property however have decided not to do so at the moment as my husband has applied for a medical internship in the UKwhich is to commence in 2012. As we are both unaware where he will be posted, there is no logic in me purchasing a property.
Hope the ECO GIVES IN!! Do they normally take the full 6 months to reconsider their decision or are thye likely to give a decision before that time?
Please make du'a
May Allah SWT grant everybody their visas, life is too short to be spending it apart from your loved ones.
Where was the degree from? we did the same as you and were accepted (transcripts and letter from principle).

Just get the appeal in, and inshallah it will be overturned, and its not always 6 months, some times even a few weeks.Be patient, whats a few more weeks/months apart, when you will have a lifetime of hapiness together.
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

faran
Newly Registered

AWESOME WAY OUT !!!!!!!!!

Post by faran » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:19 pm

I just spoke to a reknowned lawyer, who has confirmed that you can bring your child in the UK on a visit visa and then apply for her entry clearence in Pakistan as it takes long. so while the entry clearance ILR is being processed your child is with you in the UK...

I am feeling so bad that I didn't know that before.. I missed out so many percious moments of my baby doll of 4 months :-((((

Applied : 05 July 2011

Status hasn't changed since then...

Expecting visa by 05 Oct 2011...

Tc

Faran

wassap wrote:
Rehana wrote:@ Nazema

Please make du'a
Where was the degree from? we did the same as you and were accepted (transcripts and letter from principle).

Just get the appeal in, and inshallah it will be overturned, and its not always 6 months, some times even a few weeks.Be patient, whats a few more weeks/months apart, when you will have a lifetime of hapiness together.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:03 pm

I just spoke to a reknowned lawyer, who has confirmed that you can bring your child in the UK on a visit visa and then apply for her entry clearence in Pakistan as it takes long. so while the entry clearance ILR is being processed your child is with you in the UK...

I am feeling so bad that I didn't know that before.. I missed out so many percious moments of my baby doll of 4 months (((
Have you asked this renowned solicitor how the child can come to the UK when the child's passport needs to be handed with their application for their entry clearance ??. How is the child going to enter and exit the UK without a passport?. :o

In fact in some circumstances you don't need to apply for the child entry clearance as there is good chance that the child will be British if one of his parents were a British citizen at the time of the child's birth :wink:

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi
BatleyKhan can u please PM your email address to me so i can send u my cover letter. Its a bit long becasuse I have been married for 2 years so thier a lot to put in can u please tell me if thier is something that is not needed in thier or if thier is any improvement needed. Can u please highlight the bits that are not needed in red
Thank u very much

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:29 pm

@king2b98

The question isn't about saving money or anything as such. At the time we felt that if my husband appeared in an English test then it contradicted all the statements that he had made in his application. He has spent 6 years pursuing his MBBS. All supporting documents confirmed this According to the points calculator and according to ALL the guidelines his degree was sufficient. We sought advice before submitting the application and were told that so long as we provided all the transcripts and the original degree this would be fine. I am sure that if he had appeared in an English exam prior to submitting his application, the ECO would have questioned why has my husband appeared in an English exam when his degree was sufficient and would probably then refuse the visa suspecting that the degree was bogus!!! You can't win either way

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:31 pm

@wassap

Thankyou for your kind words

The degree was issued from Jamshoro Medical University, Sindh

Lets hope for the best Insh'allah

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Rehana, it being Pakistan, I myself wouldn't trust anything anyone says. With all due respect, the number of people who can buy degrees or cheat their way to earning them there, I'm not surprised they've got strict guidelines.

If you actually look on the website it does say that you need to meet the English requirements from the centres they have stated if it's not an English speaking coutnry, which Pakistan isn't.

I know people who have been rejected for the very same reason, their daughter had an Master or equivalent and they put that down as being enough, when it's clearly not.

I repeat, it doesn't matter if you're an English Professor in Pakistan, if you've been teaching for 35 years, it doesn't matter how good your English, the UKBA guidelines say you got to have the certificate from their listed locations. I don't know who or why anyone would tell you otherwise.

I spoke to a legal expert and the first thing he said was, don't worry about you, you'll be fine getting yoru own documents, MAKE SURE your wife has passed an English A1 Test, that was the first thing I was told.

I know it's useless info now, but I only hope people read this and learn not to make this very basic mistake again, because you end up wasting so much more money and more importantly time with your spouse in the early stages of yoru marriage.

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:27 am

king2be98 wrote:Rehana, it being Pakistan, I myself wouldn't trust anything anyone says. With all due respect, the number of people who can buy degrees or cheat their way to earning them there, I'm not surprised they've got strict guidelines.

If you actually look on the website it does say that you need to meet the English requirements from the centres they have stated if it's not an English speaking coutnry, which Pakistan isn't.

I know people who have been rejected for the very same reason, their daughter had an Master or equivalent and they put that down as being enough, when it's clearly not.

I repeat, it doesn't matter if you're an English Professor in Pakistan, if you've been teaching for 35 years, it doesn't matter how good your English, the UKBA guidelines say you got to have the certificate from their listed locations. I don't know who or why anyone would tell you otherwise.

I spoke to a legal expert and the first thing he said was, don't worry about you, you'll be fine getting yoru own documents, MAKE SURE your wife has passed an English A1 Test, that was the first thing I was told.

I know it's useless info now, but I only hope people read this and learn not to make this very basic mistake again, because you end up wasting so much more money and more importantly time with your spouse in the early stages of yoru marriage.

@King2be98 I know you are stating a point but you don't have to sound Soo intimidating and blunt.
There are people out there who get away with soo many fake docs and errors in the application. And those of us who submit the correct documents and provide the correct information are refused on what i would say would have to be laughable reasons for refusals. The ECO's like to write the word "compasionate" when they refuse but they don't even know what compassion is.

mahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by mahakhan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 am

salam to all
my visa has been refused on the ground that they "you have not shown that he was present in Pakistan the time of the wedding nor for have you submitted any photographs of the ceremony"

Exquisit33 wrote:@ SWEET TRADER

Assalaam Alaikum

Please advice.......

Sorry to hear the bad news brother,
when did you submit? after how long did they reject?
Also what grounds did they refuse on?

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:33 am

mahakhan wrote:salam to all
my visa has been refused on the ground that they "you have not shown that he was present in Pakistan the time of the wedding nor for have you submitted any photographs of the ceremony"
Salam sis, did you not submit any wedding photographs? Pictures after the wedding? how about a wedding card?

Can you list all documents that were submitted, so people on the board can have a better insight of your case. Thanks sis
Allah is the greatest!

PakKnight
Newly Registered

Post by PakKnight » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 am

king2be98 wrote:Rehana, it being Pakistan, I myself wouldn't trust anything anyone says. With all due respect, the number of people who can buy degrees or cheat their way to earning them there, I'm not surprised they've got strict guidelines.

The UKBA website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/ actually states a "Degree taught in english" is acceptable as long as the certificate shows the stipulated information.

Unfortuantely though there seems to be alot of contradiction when decisions are being made so I can see why people are getting annoyed.

At times I think its best if you submit documents in size 72 font so maybe it can help the decision making officer.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 am

Degree or no degree, the lawyer I spoke to said get her to pass the English test, get her to pass the english test. I spoke to antoher lawyer recently, who asked this question in his opening sentence.

He said, if your wife has a valid passport, identity card, english test certificate and tb test, then thats her side of things covered. I explained she's done a degree and he said, doesn't matter, she needs to have done the English test else they will refuse.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:03 pm

5KHAN5 wrote: @King2be98 I know you are stating a point but you don't have to sound Soo intimidating and blunt.
There are people out there who get away with soo many fake docs and errors in the application. And those of us who submit the correct documents and provide the correct information are refused on what i would say would have to be laughable reasons for refusals. The ECO's like to write the word "compasionate" when they refuse but they don't even know what compassion is.
I am frustrated just as much as any of you, because a man and wife can't be together. I am frustrated when I read or hear about refusals, hence I sound intimidating. I think it's absolutely clear now, whatever degree you have, whoever you get to confirm it, it's all useless if it don't do the English test.

SWEET TRADER
Newly Registered

Post by SWEET TRADER » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:09 pm

batleykhan wrote:
SWEET TRADER wrote:
PakKnight wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Assalaam Alaikum

Please advice.......

I will save you the trouble of contacting me.

A number of people her have claimed that they have done their appeals from Pakistan. This is not right and incorrect.

For a start only certain qualified people in the UK can do appeals ( if the sponsor themselves are not doing it).

It is advisable that the sponsor does all the work.( the applicant doesn't get involved at all after refusal.)

The sponsor who should be UK based should seek advice and get someone to represent them at appeal hearing.These same people should complete the appeal form and argue why the applicant should be given a visa. these same people will then argue their points in court if it goes to an appeal hearing.

What a few people have done is got someone to complete their appeal form in Pakistan ( because its cheaper) and then lodged their appeal at either the post where they were refused or IAT in UK.
The problem here is that if the matter goes to a hearing and you seek advice of a solicitor here in UK, he will be reluctant to take matter on because he will then have to try and defend the applicant on the basis of what teh Pak solicitor /advisor has written in the appeal form.

The UK solicitor might not agree to do this, and this will leave you having to represent your own spouse without any legally qualified person to help you.

It is therefore best to get a UK solicitor/Imm advisor to act on your behalf. I know it may cost an arm and a leg, but its not worth taking a risk in the long term.

You have 28 days from receipt of notice to lodge appeal. You will need the AIT2 form / refusal notice to send off with your appeal.

Hope that answers your question. :wink:

Assalaam Alaikum Batley Khan & Everyone

Thanks for the advice....

I have asked a Immigration solicitor from Bradford to Submit an Apeal.

The grounds for the refusal was that they dont except our marriage is satisfactory....... and the second thing was that they dont except that im divorced from preivious marriage........

We submitted all the Divorce paperwork which was the originals and also the new nikah was done through a registered union council Kaaari and we also got it attested from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Immigration Officer must have been blind because all the paperwork was there.......

Can anyone advice which other information i should ad with the appeal???

Can someone tell me how long it takes for the appeal to come through or get overturned???

ANY ADVICE WILL BE HELPFULL. THANKS.

Hope all the best to everyone......

We submitted the paperwork on the 15th July and got an answer (refusal) on the 5th September.

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 pm

king2be98 wrote:
I am frustrated just as much as any of you, because a man and wife can't be together. I am frustrated when I read or hear about refusals, hence I sound intimidating. I think it's absolutely clear now, whatever degree you have, whoever you get to confirm it, it's all useless if it don't do the English test.
Thats not the case tho is it, as i can confirm it isnt! my wife is living proof lol!

I can see your point, in all honesty its all hit or miss with these ECO's, so in reality its best to make sure all your paperwork is by the book.
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

faran
Newly Registered

Post by faran » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:25 pm

wassap wrote:
king2be98 wrote:
Thats not the case tho is it, as i can confirm it isnt! my wife is living proof lol!

I can see your point, in all honesty its all hit or miss with these ECO's, so in reality its best to make sure all your paperwork is by the book.
Guys
Please pray for me. We have just got a response that Decision has been made on my daughter's application and it will be ready for collection at Gerry's soon.
Can't wait... hope the visa is granted!!!!

Submitted : 05/07/2011
e-mail Response : today 07/09/2011

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Salam ALL,

My husband's status has JUST changed to 'Ready to collect' ALHUMDHULILA.

I will find out tomorrow the outcome, please all make dua that the VISA is granted Inshallah!

Make lots of duas for me tonight!

Thanks all
Allah is the greatest!