ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from the tax Commissioners office

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

En-Xtremis
Newly Registered

Letter from the tax Commissioners office

Post by En-Xtremis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 am

Hello,

As I stated awhile back, I have been having problems with my supervisor at work and feel that I have been treated unfair. So for this reason, I have decided to leave my job. I have a rival company here in the same town who wishes to hire me but they are new to this whole process. They have provided me with a copy of their last P-30 with no problem but both me and them are wondering about the Letter from the Tax Commissioners' office stating that they are a registered company. They called the Tax Commissioners office who told them that a request for such letter had to be in writing and could take up to 2 months to receive. I am already going to have to wait three months for my work permit application to be processed and I really want to get away from this supervisor.

So, does the letter actually have to state "this is a registered company" anywhere on it or can it be any letter or correspondence from the Tax Commissioners' office that has the companies employer number, address, and such on it? The reason why I ask, the company has a letter from the tax Commissioners that had all of those things on it. It just doesn't say "This is a registered company" anywhere. Will this suffice or will I be forced to wait for the Tax Commissioners' office to issue a letter?

A quick response would be greatly appreciated as I have everything reading to go except for this. Everyone on here has been a great help to me so far so thank you in advance!

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:05 pm

The letter issued from Revenue commissioners showing company VAT Reg number will suffice. Also this clearly shows that the company is already registered with CRO (companies reg office) and applied to take up job and pay taxes in the state. For permit apps sometimes employer has to show CRO certificate aswell this would've been issued the very first time company was established and can easily be got from CRO in Carlow by company's representatives. What they actually looking for is the first time when any company registers with Revenue they get a letter stating VAT number on it.

En-Xtremis
Newly Registered

Post by En-Xtremis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Thank you, I will let them know so that we can get this taken care of as soon as possible. They felt this was a little dumb because the p-30 clearly shows that they are paying taxes in Ireland and also has to do with them paying taxes on their employees. They didn't understand why they had to send both....and to be honest I don't either. :P But hey, as long as it satisfies the qualifications.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:21 am

En-Xtremis wrote:Thank you, I will let them know so that we can get this taken care of as soon as possible. They felt this was a little dumb because the p-30 clearly shows that they are paying taxes in Ireland and also has to do with them paying taxes on their employees. They didn't understand why they had to send both....and to be honest I don't either. :P But hey, as long as it satisfies the qualifications.

i hear you pal....but that's bureaucracy for you. :)