ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

this time its my lil brother (international student)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

missmelanie
Newly Registered

this time its my lil brother (international student)

Post by missmelanie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:22 pm

Ok this is the situation with him he is 20 years and is on a dependant visa under my mum who is on a work permit. He has been in the uk for over three years and we were under the impression that because he came here on the basis that he is my mothers dependant and not for education he would be elligible for home fees now we are being told my mum has to have ilr in order for him to qualify can anyone please shed any light

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: this time its my lil brother (international student)

Post by olisun » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:50 pm

missmelanie wrote:Ok this is the situation with him he is 20 years and is on a dependant visa under my mum who is on a work permit. He has been in the uk for over three years and we were under the impression that because he came here on the basis that he is my mothers dependant and not for education he would be elligible for home fees now we are being told my mum has to have ilr in order for him to qualify can anyone please shed any light
yes, that's true... ur mom needs to have minimum ILR for him to qualify for the home fees

timefactor
Member of Standing

Re: this time its my lil brother (international student)

Post by timefactor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:59 pm

can he be on dependent visa anymore?

[quote="missmelanie"]he is 20 years and is on a dependant visa [/quote]