ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:01 pm

omg shukar Allahamdulillah..

i was waitin for my darlin exquisit sis...best of luck sis

inshallah i pray ur huby's visa has been granted..!!!!ameen

good luck faran bro!!!!..i pray that ur daughter has also been granted visa...

exquisit..plz pray 2 rakat nafal salat-i-hajaat!...love u .xxxxxx

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Good luck Exquisit - I'm soo excited for you lol - inshallah it will be good news :)

Good luck to Faran also :)

SWEET TRADER
Newly Registered

Post by SWEET TRADER » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Salam ALL,

My husband's status has JUST changed to 'Ready to collect' ALHUMDHULILA.

I will find out tomorrow the outcome, please all make dua that the VISA is granted Inshallah!

Make lots of duas for me tonight!

Thanks all

HOPE YOU ALL THE BEST SIS.....

INSHALLAH THERE WILL BE GOOD NEWS........

BEST OF LUCK........

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:29 pm

@ Sweet Trader, Naila and Missy_22 Jazakallah 4 making dua for me, I am really nervous, but i have all your duas so it will be good news!

Please make lots of duas for me tonight!

Thank you again. :D
Allah is the greatest!

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Lol- I don't even think size 72 font would be sufficient in the case of some ECO's. Guidlelines are there for a reason- to be followed! We have done as much as we can do under the circumstances. We've spent 5 years apart, a couple more months won't make a huge difference

Wassap- Ur one of the lucky few :) Wishing you all the best

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Good luck Exquisit :)

zara01
Newly Registered

Post by zara01 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm

best of luck exquisit sis, insh'allah insh'allah it will be good news...the wait will be worth it. keep us updated. xx

faran - inshallah your dtrs visa will be granted.

naila - can you please let me know in detail regarding the 2 rakat nafal please as i want to pray, my husband's case has been refused and i have appealed just last week, what time should we read them etc...thnku in advance. zara

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:44 pm

For those who've stated I'm rude and harsh and making up stuff. Today I emailed an Immigration Solicitors firm in Birmingham, who I have been getting consultation from, they charge £450 for the whole process. My email asked about English Test for my wife to be, who has a MBA in Pakistan.

The response:

"We deal with over 100 VISA settlement applications and appeals every year and our success rate is very high.

The Home Office are very cagey about English language requirements, we encourage all our appicants and not just you, to ensure the A1 Level Entry test is passed irrespective of whether your fiance has a degree or not. It may seem like an absurd idea , but unfortunately it is very unlikely that your application will be successful if you do not. More applicants with degrees are unsuccessful on these grounds than those who do not hold degrees. The average cost of the A1 test is about £35-£40 in most of the centres in Pakistan and the whole process can be completed well before December. If you require further guidance on this matter, then please contact Richard Hawkes.

Please ensure that you speak to your fiance, the TB test can be delayed until you are in Pakistan, but there is no need to delay the entry and completion of the A1 Test. The TB certificate is only valid for 6 months hence we would advise you to delay the medical examination until December or early January.

I look forward to seeing you on the 20th of September."

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 pm

If anyone needs further information on any matters, please speak to a solicitor. They may cost £300-£500, but it'll be well worth it.

Pakistani weddings, even the low end ones will cost well above £15000, that's not even including tickets and travel, so compared to that, £500 is not that much.

I am not a solicitor in case you think that's why I keep asking you to seek out one, I'm an engineer.

I won't give any more advice as it seems I've irked off a few people. I wish you all the best.

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:57 am

Hi

Good Luck xnaila and faran - InshAllah you will be granted Visa's.

Do let us know.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

VISA REJECTED!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:51 am

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE APPEAL PROCESS!
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!
MY HUSBAND WILL TELL ME THE REFUSAL REASON IN A LITTLE WHILE.

WHAT PROCESS DO I NEED TO FOLLOW NOW PLEASE HELP ME!
Allah is the greatest!

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 am

oh no Exquisit, that's not what I was expecting!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 am

king2be98 wrote:If anyone needs further information on any matters, please speak to a solicitor. They may cost £300-£500, but it'll be well worth it.

Pakistani weddings, even the low end ones will cost well above £15000, that's not even including tickets and travel, so compared to that, £500 is not that much.

I am not a solicitor in case you think that's why I keep asking you to seek out one, I'm an engineer.

I won't give any more advice as it seems I've irked off a few people. I wish you all the best.
Whilst I accept that if you want professional advice, you should seek advice from suitably qualified people, however please take it from me, there a lot of incompetent and greedy solicitors out there who would not hesitate to rip people off with the most basic things like charging £500 for filling out an application or £2000 for a complete case from start to end.

There may be a few people who can afford to pay these fees, but the majority of people who come here can not afford these prices because of their personal circumstances.

Take it from , all the Mods on this forum have previously worked in Immigration services/field and who knows the ins and out of how things work at UKBA and BHC posts overseas much better than your solicitors etc and give this advice for free in their own spare time with great courtesy.

Thousand s of people have benefited from Mods or all the people who share their experience on this forum.

I monitor the posts by people just to make sure the advice given is correct and appropriate. Numerous times we have had to correct things.

We also have to monitor peoples responds and comments to make sure they do not get abusive or dearly beloved. The purpose of the forum is to help people when they are most vulnerable. This is what we want to do on this forum.

As regards your comments about the costs of toe wedding in Pakistan, I agree that the costs are far to excessive. All it does is bring joy and happiness for a few days, then its misery from there on, as most of our wedding customs are contra y to sunnah and Islam.

Do things basically and in accordance with sunnah and not for show, then you are guaranteed a blissful future inshallah.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:19 am

Exquisit33 wrote:PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE APPEAL PROCESS!
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Sorry to hear that. Bad news.

Yo need to first of all calm down.

You need to give the exact reason for the refusal as per the refusal notice, so we can advise and suggest things for you to do.

You need to get your husband to send you refusal notice and appeal notice here in UK, so you can start the appeal process.

Get this done first and we'll take it on from there.

Do not be despondent about it. It is what Allahs willed for you. Do it with sabr and Allah will reward you for it in the future

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:25 am

How do I appeal? Do I use a solicitor?
HELP ME PLEASE!
What forms do I fill in.. help me please!
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Allah is the greatest!

PakKnight
Newly Registered

Post by PakKnight » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:30 am

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Salaam. Really sorry to hear about the news. Please stay calm and everything will work out for the best, inshallah.

Without knowing your reasons for Refusal we cant really provide much info.

For general information though, this is the link to the form which will need to be filled in for the appeal and contains some guidance on what you are requested to submit.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/glo ... -04-11.pdf

I would advise you to obtain a good lawyer for the appeal as people on this board can only provide limited guidance on what you will need to do.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:33 am

batleykhan wrote:
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

You need to give the exact reason for the refusal as per the refusal notice, so we can advise and suggest things for you to do.

You need to get your husband to send you refusal notice and appeal notice here in UK, so you can start the appeal process.

Do not be despondent about it. It is what Allahs willed for you. Do it with sabr and Allah will reward you for it in the future
Do they give refusal notice and appeal notice with the passport?
Allah is the greatest!

PakKnight
Newly Registered

Post by PakKnight » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:45 am

Exquisit33 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Do they give refusal notice and appeal notice with the passport?

Yes they will.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Ok guys my husband is asking..
what exactly does he need to send to me?

1) Refusal Notice
2) Appeal Notice
3) All documents?

Please could you add to this so that we can begin with the appeal procedure. Many thanks
Allah is the greatest!

PakKnight
Newly Registered

Post by PakKnight » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Ok guys my husband is asking..

1) Refusal Notice
2) Appeal Notice
3) All documents?

Please could you add to this so that we can begin with the appeal procedure. Many thanks
Not sure if other members on this board agree but I would say it makes sense for him to send all those documents. As no doubt you will need the supporting documents you submitted originally to argue your appeal i.e. wage slips, Nikah Nama and bank statements.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 pm

PakKnight wrote:

1) Refusal Notice
2) Appeal Notice
3) All documents?

Not sure if other members on this board agree but I would say it makes sense for him to send all those documents. As no doubt you will need the supporting documents you submitted originally to argue your appeal i.e. wage slips, Nikah Nama and bank statements.
What's the difference between Refusal Notice and Appeal Notice?
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:31 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Whilst I accept that if you want professional advice, you should seek advice from suitably qualified people, however please take it from me, there a lot of incompetent and greedy solicitors out there who would not hesitate to rip people off with the most basic things like charging £500 for filling out an application or £2000 for a complete case from start to end.

There may be a few people who can afford to pay these fees, but the majority of people who come here can not afford these prices because of their personal circumstances.

Take it from , all the Mods on this forum have previously worked in Immigration services/field and who knows the ins and out of how things work at UKBA and BHC posts overseas much better than your solicitors etc and give this advice for free in their own spare time with great courtesy.

Thousand s of people have benefited from Mods or all the people who share their experience on this forum.

I monitor the posts by people just to make sure the advice given is correct and appropriate. Numerous times we have had to correct things.

We also have to monitor peoples responds and comments to make sure they do not get abusive or dearly beloved. The purpose of the forum is to help people when they are most vulnerable. This is what we want to do on this forum.

As regards your comments about the costs of toe wedding in Pakistan, I agree that the costs are far to excessive. All it does is bring joy and happiness for a few days, then its misery from there on, as most of our wedding customs are contra y to sunnah and Islam.

Do things basically and in accordance with sunnah and not for show, then you are guaranteed a blissful future inshallah.
A few things which you've stated which are valid, although it is going off topic it still perhaps needs to be addressed. I like to think that people aren't all money grabbing greedy people. I have recently had work done by builders who actually did extra work free of charge. I had a plumber do the electricity as well even though I didn't ask him to or pay him, he did it free of charge. 2 years ago I asked a solicitor to help us out with buying a house, he went out of his way to knock off £5k from the purchase price and still charged us the same amount for his services, he did this after viewing the house and me agreeing a price with him.

Whilst there are greedy people out there, there are many many more nice and honest people. Solicitors need to earn a living like the rest of us. £2000 is an outrageous amount, but if it includes application fee, their charges and an appeal charge, then it's not so bad, still high but not so bad. I've been quoted £500 for 2 applications. I will probably reject and do it myself and just pay for the consultation since I like to be in charge of my own things.

You say people don't have the ability to afford solicitors, I can appreciate not everyone is wealthy, but my point was everyone on this site and everyone we know has extravagant weddings which cost a lost, the charge of solicitors and the visa settlement fee although high, is a small proportion of what people pay for the weddings.

The last point you made about the modern weddings is completely true, again it's off topic, but it's part of the reason why the world is in tatters. People instead of spending wisely, spend recklessly to show off and impress others, definately not the simplicity with which Islam was built upon.

I'm not an expert, and you are free to delete my posts if you feel they are invalid.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
PakKnight wrote:

1) Refusal Notice
2) Appeal Notice
3) All documents?

What's the difference between Refusal Notice and Appeal Notice?
Do I need to get new bank statements? (As it would take me 10 working days to get a new statement as its not a card account).
The two important things are the Refusal Notice and the Appeal Form IAF2.

If you have not kept copies of all the documents ( with you here in UK )that you had lodged as part of your application, you will need those as your solicitors will want to see them to draw up your appeal against the refusal.

First of all get him to scan the refusal notice and send it to you via email, so you get advice till the whole docs arrive by mail or personal service to you here in UK.

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 pm

sorry to hear it exquisit33, I would say stay calm and focus on getting your appeal done asap.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US