ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time delays - What happens if it is too late?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chloe87
Newly Registered

Processing time delays - What happens if it is too late?

Post by chloe87 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 am

Hello! This is my first post here so I hope I can make myself clear. Any kind of enlightenment on this one will be greatly appreciated!

I have submitted my application in person last month on the 18th and on the 22nd I received a confirmation e-mail that said the estimated processing time was 5 working days.
It has been +12 working days and I haven't heard from them.

I applied through World Bridge and they say their visa processing times range from 3 to 120 working days. The statistics on the "Visa processing times guide" page say 98% of applications made last month were processed in 15 working days or less.

My CAS states my course starts on September 22nd (in 2 weeks!), that's when my induction week starts, classes will begin on October 1st.

My question is - what happens if they take too long to process my application and I end up missing so many classes that the university won't allow me to take the course anymore? Has this happened to anyone?

I hope this made any sense, it is rather hard to explain. I know that most people will just think I'm stupid for applying with such short timing but I had all sorts of issues that stopped me from applying earlier, unfortunately.

Any other desperate students waiting for a decision out there?

ZarinaLOK
Newly Registered

Post by ZarinaLOK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:14 am

Same issue with me! i have to pay fees by 21st Sept. On the top of that I think I misunderstood something about the way 10 points are counted, hence I risk not getting it for pretty ridiculous misunderstanding and not having enough time to reapply.
Good luck!