ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying 2 nd time.dependent visa.guysss please advice:(

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeba
Newly Registered

applying 2 nd time.dependent visa.guysss please advice:(

Post by zeba » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

"If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them."

this is from the UKBA site regarding maintaince fund for dependents of tier 1 visa holders.according to them if less then 12 months then it is £1,600 ,wht do they mean by in addition to the funds needed to support them."
so for my family (me+wife +kid)how much fund should i show??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:51 am

Depends if you are also applying at the same time. If you already have your leave and are merely applying for your partner and child, then you only need to show maintenance for your partner and child.

zeba
Newly Registered

Post by zeba » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:21 am

thanx a ton,
cause there is soo much confusion in the forum regarding funds.I m in uk for past 6 months.
so can u elaborate in numbers that how much i m supposed to show funds for my dependents??
is it 1600+1600+1600 for me,wife and kid??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:31 pm

I know there is confusion on this forum and you should really try to ignore it. I don't really understand why this persists. However, the guidance does not help in some ways as it refers in the most part to simultaneous applications of the main applicant and dependant (paras 42,44 & 45). However, it does specifically go on to cite the requirements when a dependant is applying separately in 43 and 46.

46. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds

So, in your case, if you have not been in the UK for more than 12 months it will be 1600 x 2 held for 3 months.

Also see.Annex E of the immigration rules

zeba
Newly Registered

Post by zeba » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:40 pm

thanx :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 am

zeba wrote:guys
Anybody applying for tier1 dependent visa in the coming weeks,
i m applying for my kid and wife,it will be nice to share information with someone in the same situation.
thanks in advance
Life isn't fair, but you can be!