ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Cardiff (under JR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cgpc
Newly Registered

ILR success at Cardiff (under JR)

Post by cgpc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 am

I thought I should share my experience on this forum because I benefited from contributors of this forum. My situation is such that I was under the HSMP JR, and here is the breakdown of my work visa history:
first date-03/10/06 and valid until 02/10/08
renewed-29/09/08 and valid until 02/10/11

My ILR appointment was on 05/09/11 at 10.00am at the Cardiff office. I had 4 dependants with me (wife and 3 kids under 18 ). Arrived around 9.10am and I was immediately attended to by someone who was not necessarily the caseworker (a lady). I was asked to handover my application form and the lady briefly browsed through it before she asked me to hand-over any supporting documents to support my application. Even though I had records for 24 months, I chose to give her the following:
3 months payslips
3 months bank statements
P60 for 5 years (worked for one employer)
cohabitation documents, and birth certificate for my son born in the UK
letter from my employer

Furthermore, my wife and I have had points deducted from our licences for speeding (3 points each and £60-00 fine) which I declared in the form of a cover letter and produced the licences as proof.

After the documents were collected (09.25am), I was told I could leave the offices and wait for a call between 1.00 and 2.00pm. I therefore went into town with the family after which I received a call at 11.50 am requesting us to come back to the offices. Arrived back at the offices around 12.00 and waited for the caseworker who appeared after 20mins of my second arrival. Apparently he had called me back to clarify an issue with my 2 dependants. The caseworker then went back before emerging after 40 mins (longest 40 mins of my life) to confirm that I had been granted ILR together with my family. Left the offices around 1.00pm extremey happy.

My only slight concern was the 28 day rule, regarding application because I was dead on 28 days but had some doubt as to whether it would be from 02/10 or 03/10

I wish future applicants best of luck

nehalbhagat

Re :- ILR

Post by nehalbhagat » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am

Many congratulations for your success.
Please can you let us know which box you ticked in Section 3 and 10 ?

Are you able to PM me your cover letter please ?

Thanks

cgpc
Newly Registered

Post by cgpc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 am

In section 3 I ticked both boxes

Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document

In section 10 I ticked 10H only.

Cover letter
To whom it may concern
This cover letter is let you know that ......and .........have been given Fixed pernalty notice for speeding and these have since been settled (3 penalty points deduction and £60-00 fine). The following documents are attached as evidence:

Just to let you know that in sectin 7.1 of the aplication form I ticked NO because I was aware that the above is not a criminal conviction, but I would suggest you seek professional advice if in doubt

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: ILR success at Cardiff (under JR)

Post by mk357 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:46 am

cgpc wrote:I thought I should share my experience on this forum because I benefited from contributors of this forum. My situation is such that I was under the HSMP JR, and here is the breakdown of my work visa history:
first date-03/10/06 and valid until 02/10/08
renewed-29/09/08 and valid until 02/10/11

My ILR appointment was on 05/09/11 at 10.00am at the Cardiff office. I had 4 dependants with me (wife and 3 kids under 18 ). Arrived around 9.10am and I was immediately attended to by someone who was not necessarily the caseworker (a lady). I was asked to handover my application form and the lady briefly browsed through it before she asked me to hand-over any supporting documents to support my application. Even though I had records for 24 months, I chose to give her the following:
3 months payslips
3 months bank statements
P60 for 5 years (worked for one employer)
cohabitation documents, and birth certificate for my son born in the UK
letter from my employer

Furthermore, my wife and I have had points deducted from our licences for speeding (3 points each and £60-00 fine) which I declared in the form of a cover letter and produced the licences as proof.

After the documents were collected (09.25am), I was told I could leave the offices and wait for a call between 1.00 and 2.00pm. I therefore went into town with the family after which I received a call at 11.50 am requesting us to come back to the offices. Arrived back at the offices around 12.00 and waited for the caseworker who appeared after 20mins of my second arrival. Apparently he had called me back to clarify an issue with my 2 dependants. The caseworker then went back before emerging after 40 mins (longest 40 mins of my life) to confirm that I had been granted ILR together with my family. Left the offices around 1.00pm extremey happy.

My only slight concern was the 28 day rule, regarding application because I was dead on 28 days but had some doubt as to whether it would be from 02/10 or 03/10

I wish future applicants best of luck
Congratulations. What were the concerns about the dependants?

cgpc
Newly Registered

Post by cgpc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:20 pm

When they first came to the UK (2 my dependents), they were registered on my wife's passport and the caseworker had not worked out how they first entered into this country