ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration for foreign wife - difficult decision and many Q

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

odee
Newly Registered

Immigration for foreign wife - difficult decision and many Q

Post by odee » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi guys. I posted a while back about moving to the UK with my mexican mrs. Im currently in the UK and interviewing for jobs but now im here it strikes me that, damn, im not gonna enjoy being apart from her for too long.

A couple of questions come to mind i wonder if you guys could help with. 1 - is there ANY method by which i could have my wife joining me in a matter of weeks rather than months? waiting times in mexico are said to be 30 days. We are going to employ a visa advisor to help us...but he is reluctant to answer too many questions until we pay the fees and since im here looking for work, i really need to know what to expect.

2- we wont have savings after this, ill have work on rolling contracts - this isnt gonna work is it?

3- am i going to have to submit my decree absolute from previous divorce, legalised and apostilled?? even though the mexicans didnt ask for it for our marriage.

4- what happens if i lose my job, do we have some time to get sorted out again or does she have to leave the country when she eventually gets here?

Thanks for any calming words guys...my head is in a spin now im here looking for work and im not altogether sure its the correct move now. I suspect we will be apart too long and I worry about the future.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Please continue in original thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.