ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa question for overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arsenal.com
Newly Registered

spouse visa question for overstayer

Post by arsenal.com » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm

hi im new to this,so please forgive me if i dont get this right im a zimbabwean i have been living in the uk for about seven years now, inwhich six of these years i have been illegal i got married about six months ago my wife is british,and we have a four year old son together i applied for a spouse visa and i am currently waiting for a answer.in order for me to wed i had to apply for a coa .when i applied for one.i was successful but they kept my passport .so i got married and completed the flrm form and sent it to croydon same place were i applied for my coa.then a few weeks later i recieved a letter instructing me to have biometrics done,so i had them done,another few weeks later i recieved a leter from the immigration department in sheffield requsting me to send my passport, as they want to deal with my application, so i wrote a letter to sheffield informing them that croydon have my passport and i wrote to croydon informing them that sheffield want to my passport ,so they can deal with my application.i am currently waiting on a answer from them.please does anyone know what might be the outcome of my situation

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

An FLR(M) application is unlikely to be approved as you had no valid leave to extend, but you may succeed with an application for Discretionary Leave.
Did you seek legal advice before you applied?

arsenal.com
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal.com » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:58 pm

thanks for the reply! no i didnt seek any legal advice, so if they refuse it and that and i appeal, and the case goes to court do i have a chance?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:47 pm

There's  no right of appeal against a refusal.

See also recent judgment.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arsenal.com
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal.com » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:51 am

hey guys just wanted to say thanks to those who responded to my post. I have been very lucky and recieved discretionary leave to remain a few days ago. Im very happy as i can now get on with my life. Thanks once again

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:44 am

Thats great news. Congratulations!