ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter Addressed to whom ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skt1977

Employment Letter Addressed to whom ?

Post by skt1977 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Set(O) Judicial Review Applicant.

I plan to get a single employer letter issued stating both employment and business trips undertaken in recent years. Is that fine ?

Who should the employment letter be addressed to, if I want to keep it generic / open. I mean, I want to be able to decide at the last moment which PEO I am going to visit.

regards
SKT

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Employment Letter Addressed to whom ?

Post by mk357 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:29 am

skt1977 wrote:Set(O) Judicial Review Applicant.

I plan to get a single employer letter issued stating both employment and business trips undertaken in recent years. Is that fine ?

Who should the employment letter be addressed to, if I want to keep it generic / open. I mean, I want to be able to decide at the last moment which PEO I am going to visit.

regards
SKT
You could address to the PEO which you are attending, or if sending by post to the address where you would be sending.

freesia11
Newly Registered

Post by freesia11 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:59 am

I had some issues on this topic with my employer, as their HR policy was to refuse putting generic titles in reference letters, like "To whom it may concern" or "Dir Sir or Madam", etc - and they only allowed specific names. After a lot of complaining from me, so on and so forth, they have settled with "Dear UK Border Agency". This isn't so important as the content though. Make sure HR state the length of employment, title and salary as a minimum. And it doesn't hurt to get them to add some sentences like "we fully support XYZ's application, as we have a continuing need to employ him/her"

skt1977

Post by skt1977 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:08 am

What is wrong, if I remove the address of the PEO and just get it addressed to

To,
The Public Enquiry Office.

All the required details and jargon....

This way, if I find a slot open at the Solihull office and want to switch over, I can easily do that instead of having a HARD CODED addressee.

Can any one please advise ?

regards
SKT

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:55 am

"To whom It may concern" works best, IMHO.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!