ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering as a jobseeker?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LAROCCAMOM

Registering as a jobseeker?

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 am

I am now in the UK. I thought I read somewhere here that an EU national upon arrival needs to register as a job seeker with the job centre plus. Is that right?
If so, how to? and how does this benefit me?
Also, I have a new Spanish friend here who says that given to the fact that I have 3 children I should be applying for child benefit.
Should I do that?
I don't want to be living off of goverment funds, although it would be nice to have a little help as money is running out.

Any thoughts:?:
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:49 pm

As I believe you are aware from previous posts, you are allowed 75 days in the UK before you need to 'exercise your Treaty Rights'. You will need to register with the Job Centre or provide other evidence that you are actively seeking employment.

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 am

Casa wrote:As I believe you are aware from previous posts, you are allowed 75 days in the UK before you need to 'exercise your Treaty Rights'. You will need to register with the Job Centre or provide other evidence that you are actively seeking employment.
Yes, I am registered with 5 agencies and I have an appoinment with another one on Monday. I have gone to about 5 interiews with companies so far, some from the agencies, others that I got on my own.

Is that alright? I don't understand why I need to register as a job seeker though. Can someone please explain?

Thank you

Regards
Laroccamom

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:52 pm

You have various options to prove you are 'excercising your Treaty Rights' (remember the refusal of your husband's permit, when it was believed you wouldn't meet this condition)?
As indicated in the EEA regulations there is a three month period in which your sponsor can stay in the EU without exercising treaty rights and therefore can sponsor you for an EEA Family Permit. On your application form you have stated that you plan to stay in the UK for 75 days. While I acknowledge that your sponsor has answered 'yes' to the question 'do you intend to work in the UK', the limited date you have place on your application leads me to doubt whether your sponsor will be exercising her treaty rights after the initial three month period or will be going elsewhere in the EU after this period.
1. Employment
2. Actively seeking employment- with evidence to support this.
3. Studying
4. Self sufficient - with conditions attached..one being private medical insurance, no claim to Public funds etc.

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Casa wrote:You have various options to prove you are 'excercising your Treaty Rights' (remember the refusal of your husband's permit, when it was believed you wouldn't meet this condition)?
As indicated in the EEA regulations there is a three month period in which your sponsor can stay in the EU without exercising treaty rights and therefore can sponsor you for an EEA Family Permit. On your application form you have stated that you plan to stay in the UK for 75 days. While I acknowledge that your sponsor has answered 'yes' to the question 'do you intend to work in the UK', the limited date you have place on your application leads me to doubt whether your sponsor will be exercising her treaty rights after the initial three month period or will be going elsewhere in the EU after this period.
1. Employment
2. Actively seeking employment- with evidence to support this.
3. Studying
4. Self sufficient - with conditions attached..one being private medical insurance, no claim to Public funds etc.
Thank you Casa for you input!
Laroccamom