ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding EC on student visa - Help please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh

Regarding EC on student visa - Help please

Post by farrukh » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:07 pm

Hello Every one
Recetly I got approval for my HSMP application. I am preparing to apply for EC - FLR(IED). I have few questions and need your help please:

I have completed my MSc degree from Warwick University. After completing the degree I took admission to do my MBA Finance. I applied for visa extension and I was granted the visa for the duration of my MBA. But due to some financial problems I was unable to do my MBA and just did a computer diploma for 6 months and in the mean while I also got a job offer. I applied for HSMP and it was approved. Now, I am not sure whether I can apply for EC with in UK or I have to go back to my home country.???

I hope to hear from some one soon.
Take care and stay safe

cheers

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:47 pm

You need to go back to your home country to apply for EC. Good luck

Ali

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:33 pm

even though i have completed my MSc from UK and I got my degree with me? Any more suggestions would be really appriciated

amberw

Post by amberw » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:07 pm

hi!
if u have applied for hsmp on ur uk degree which u had completed, then u don't need to go to ur home country. u can apply within uk.
thanks
amber

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi,

In your case the issue might be that you applied for extension of student visa on the basis of your MBA. Instead, you ended up doing a course that you did not tell HO about, and that too a course with 6 month duration. As far as HO is concerned, you might have actually wanted to do the diploma course only, but gave false information to them in your intention to join a 1yr MBA course just to ensure that you get a 1yr visa.

If your HSMP application was approved on the basis of you being a student (MSc course) in the 12 months immediately prior to your application, technically you can apply for FLR (IED) within the UK. But the MBA goof-up might create a problem if HO decides to do their homework a bit seriously in your case.

Just to be on the safer side, my personal suggestion would be that you go to your home country and apply for EC from there.

regards