ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz john helppp!!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehan2

plz john helppp!!

Post by rehan2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:33 am

im applying for my husbands visa and am currently living with my mum. she is claiming housing benefit but im working full time. will this have any affect on the spouse visa application.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 am

Has your mother declared your income and the fact you reside with her on her housing benefit application?

rehan2

Post by rehan2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Well, she hasn't mentioned me in her application bt I'm only living here on temporary basis.

rehan2

Post by rehan2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:39 pm

please hlp me...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 pm

she hasn't mentioned me in her application bt I'm only living here on temporary basis.
How temporary is temporary?

How long have you lived there?
John

rehan2

Post by rehan2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:28 pm

well i will move out once my husband comes here..i have been living with my mum ever since i was born....

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Your mother has a legal duty to disclose that you live with her and what your income is, if she is claiming benefits. By not doing so, she is most likely receiving more than she is entitled to, and thereby committing benefit fraud.

She needs to notify her local benefits office asap to rectify the situation since when you come to apply for spouse visa, this may cause problems. Best to sort it out now.

You cant be living with her on a temporary basis, if you have lived with her since you have been born, and still do. The fact you intend to move out when your husband arrives is irrelevant.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:47 am

Your mother has a legal duty to disclose that you live with her and what your income is, if she is claiming benefits
I think, yes and no! That is, she most certainly needs to inform the Housing Benefit office that you live there, but she does not need to disclose your income. You will be treated as a non-dependant, and that will have an impact upon the amount of benefit she will receive.

Based upon what you have posted, she is currently committing benefit fraud, and needs to get this sorted out without delay.
John

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:41 am

Hi John,

would her income as a non dependent living with her mother be necessary since they would need to assess how to adjust the mother's benefit? I thought that was how it was assessed