ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bobbylondon

ILR queries

Post by Bobbylondon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:31 am

Hi ALL,

For ILR, is there any criteria, which says, that in one year, one can not be out more than 90 days or in last one year of application, one can not be out of UK for more than 90 days?

My case is, I have travelled a lot in last one year & ILR due next month.

:)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:41 am

You are citing the residence requirements for naturalization. The residence requirements (specifically permitted periods of absence) for ILR are different and scaled according to the basis of the application. You've not mentioned the basis of you claim to ILR.

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:08 am

Lucapooka wrote:You are citing the residence requirements for naturalization. The residence requirements (specifically permitted periods of absence) for ILR are different and scaled according to the basis of the application. You've not mentioned the basis of you claim to ILR.
Thanks for your reply.
I came to UK in Oct. 2006 on WP & changed to T1G in Apr.2009. So I am looking for ILR on 5 yrs. working basis.
Awaiting reply

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:31 am

Then it depends on the nature of the absence; whether it was work-related or for other reasons. Short absences abroad due to business or holidays are ignored but if you have spent more than 3 months outside the UK in one single trip, or have spent more than 180 days outside the UK in total you might have a problem.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:59 am

Bobbylondon wrote:Hi All,

Could the senior members / moderators advice, if the maintenance case filed by wife, affect the ILR? I m due soon & in T1G category.

Bobby :?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!