ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FAMILY MEMBER OF EEA CITIZEN help please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fadijamshaid88
Newly Registered

FAMILY MEMBER OF EEA CITIZEN help please

Post by fadijamshaid88 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:45 am

Hi there I am writing to ask about something which is very important for me to know I received my 5 years residence permit of uk as a family member of EEA citizen.Liverpool Office Of UKBA sent me my VIsa endorsement In a form of a paper which says Immigration status document at the back of it all my detials are written my name my natiionality my date of birth and all .At the time of making my application my passport was valid but they took too long for my application to make decision for it that my passport got expired and it was received yestarday without endorsement of same visa which they sent me in the paper form (Immigration Status Document).I called Ukba but i didnot understand what they meant to say as they said If i Need endorsment to be transfered into my new passport I need to make a fresh application of EEA2 .I have booked an appointment with pakistan embassy for renewing my passport .do i really need to send my new passport with the old passport to get endorsement transfred to my new passport from that Immigration status document ,if not will that immigration document can be attached to my new passport by stapler or should I get it transfered.If it can work that way please advise me what the best thing to do at the moment as i donot understand what Ukba advised me. I dont want to wait another 6 months to get that visa transfered to my new passport the only concern i have will i Be able to travel to all over the world easily with that immigration status document rather than sending the new passport for transfer of visa to new passport .Please advice me if i can attach the same immmigration document to my new passport.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:10 am

Never staple or attach anything to a passport.

If you have a new passport, or another official document, carry it with the old passport in a pouch. Never staple or stick them together or anything that causes any marks or damage to a passport or it may be rejected by entry clearance officers or airline staff.

"If you are the non-European family member of an EEA or Swiss national, and you have come to the UK with them, you can apply for a residence card. This is a document which confirms your right of residence under European law. Your residence card may take the form of an endorsement in your passport (also called a 'vignette'), or it may be a separate document called an 'immigration status document'. A residence card is normally valid for 5 years from the date when it is issued."

How to transfer your immigration status to your passport:

"If you have an immigration status document, or your endorsement is in an old passport which has expired, you can apply for us to transfer your immigration status to your (new) passport. You must complete and send us a new application form with all the necessary supporting evidence. You will also need to send us your old passport containing the original vignette, or your immigration status document. "

This post may be of interest:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85649

The difference here is that they lost the applicant's passport and it was a PR document, but SUNBLUE commented that:

"I had the immigration status document for years and never had any problem!
Whoever said it's not advised to travel with it is absolutely wrong!"

Hopefully others can confirm it is ok to travel with a immigrations status document.

nad1983

hi

Post by nad1983 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:26 am

hi how long they took ...what is ur time frame..when did u apply ..and whe did u got it ?

fadijamshaid88
Newly Registered

Re: IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT

Post by fadijamshaid88 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:25 pm

[quote="nonspecifics"]Never staple or attach anything to a passport.

If you have a new passport, or another official document, carry it with the old passport in a pouch. Never staple or stick them together or anything that causes any marks or damage to a passport or it may be rejected by entry clearance officers or airline staff.

"If you are the non-European family member of an EEA or Swiss national, and you have come to the UK with them, you can apply for a residence card. This is a document which confirms your right of residence under European law. Your residence card may take the form of an endorsement in your passport (also called a 'vignette'), or it may be a separate document called an [b]'immigration status document'[/b]. A residence card is normally valid for 5 years from the date when it is issued."

How to transfer your immigration status to your passport:

"If you have an immigration status document, or your endorsement is in an old passport which has expired, you can apply for us to transfer your immigration status to your (new) passport. You must complete and send us a new application form with all the necessary supporting evidence. You will also need to send us your old passport containing the original vignette, or your immigration status document. "

This post may be of interest:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85649

The difference here is that they lost the applicant's passport and it was a PR document, but SUNBLUE commented that:

"I had the immigration status document for years and never had any problem!
Whoever said it's not advised to travel with it is absolutely wrong!"

Hopefully others can confirm it is ok to travel with a immigrations status document.[/quote]

I have heard that If My Wife Who is an EEA citizen is with me I would not have any problems to travel in All EU countries bu tthe problem if i travel with my new passport without endorsement transfered to my new passport and keeping immigration status document with it wont they stop me at that time coz i am planning to go next year to pakistan and to be honest i am not in serious intentions to get visa endorsed into the new passport .moreover i dont have pics i think i have to get new pictures now as the old ones are sent back and they are damaged by UKBA by stapple pin will that be ok to send them new pics for new endorsement if I have to by anymeans which i am not willing to do so as It will take again four to 6 months which is terrible wait . :(

fadijamshaid88
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by fadijamshaid88 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:37 pm

[quote="nad1983"]hi how long they took ...what is ur time frame..when did u apply ..and whe did u got it ?[/quote]

It was almost an year i Applied last year in august2010 for eea2 i applied in may 2011 and got that last month will it be ok to travel outside EU with that Immigrations status document as i cant be bothered to send the application form again just to get same visa transfered to my new passport please advise me if i can travel all around the world with the new passport and Immigration status document.

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:51 pm

From what I've heard and until someone tells me different and backs it up with evidence I say if you got an RC even if it's printed on toilet paper, take it and run!! I know pakistan has a bad reputation, but as long as you are legit, let them do their checks at the airport it should make no difference to you.

Do not laminate it and as said earlier do not staple anything onto your passport just put it in a plastic, water proof sleeve and seal that s***.... not so much that you can't open it to show Immigration officers but enough to keep it cool and dry. You should be good to go to most places but read the forum some EU countries will still require a visa but should be free for you :)
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:16 am

This "Immigration status document" is a very standard format for the Residence Card to be issued in the UK. And it is especially good for you since your passport expired. No worries.

Will you be traveling with your EU citizen spouse? If so I recommend you also carry your marriage certificate with you when you travel.

fadijamshaid88
Newly Registered

Re: IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT

Post by fadijamshaid88 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 pm

[quote="Qman"]From what I've heard and until someone tells me different and backs it up with evidence I say if you got an RC even if it's printed on toilet paper, [b]take it and run!![/b] I know pakistan has a bad reputation, but as long as you are legit, let them do their checks at the airport it should make no difference to you.

[b]Do not laminate it[/b] and as said earlier [b]do not staple anything onto your passport[/b] just put it in a plastic, water proof sleeve and seal that s***.... not so much that you can't open it to show Immigration officers but enough to keep it cool and dry. You should be good to go to most places but read the forum some EU countries will still require a visa but should be free for you :)[/quote]

@QMAN You are absouloutley right about Immigration In pakistan who have all their fake degrees lol and they are working for FIA at airports Well I was concerend about only thing that when i came to UK on student visa in 2006 they even scratched it like a calling card on my visa stamp in the passport to find out something what they could not coz it was all genuine so thats why i ll b travelling first time with my wife to pakistan and the reason IaM asking for an advice is that i donot want to wait again for the endorsement to be transfered to my new passport for travel purposes coz Liverpool contact center advised me that it might take upto 6 months and it will b all over again My old passport size pictures are damaged while coming back in post with my document so i need new pictures and all documents to be sent again TO UKBA with new pictures they will send me the COA again and then they will make decision to transfer just the visa stamp to my new passport so the question is whats the point to get this IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT / visa endorsement to be transfered onto my passport if the same endorsement will come into new passport with another 6 months wait which is terrible to be honest please only advice me all of you if I can travel with my renewed passport which i will get in 6 working days from pakistan high commision and with immigration status document as i do not want to send it again to be transferd to my passport coz of the too long wait for just transfering ..

I contacted UKBA Liverpool call center they said we will advice u to facilitate your new passport with a visa endorsement from IMMIGRATION STATUS Document and thats the reason I am confuseed a bit ..

please help me in this

Many Thanks

Fadi

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: And it is especially good for you since your passport expired. No worries.

Problem is if you want to have a Shenzhen visa some countries do not accept it (France, Germany, Spain).

fadijamshaid88
Newly Registered

Post by fadijamshaid88 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:48 pm

[quote="natashik.uk"][quote="Directive/2004/38/EC"]
And it is especially good for you since your passport expired. No worries.

.[/quote]
Problem is if you want to have a Shenzhen visa some countries do not accept it (France, Germany, Spain).[/quote]

So it means If I need to travel To these countries I wont be able to travel on Immigration Status Document ??

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 am

natashik.uk wrote:Problem is if you want to have a Shenzhen visa some countries do not accept it (France, Germany, Spain).
UKBA says they have informed each of the embassies about how Residence Cards look.
And apparently they have NEVER received any complaints about RCs not being accepted at embassies.

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
natashik.uk wrote:Problem is if you want to have a Shenzhen visa some countries do not accept it (France, Germany, Spain).
UKBA says they have informed each of the embassies about how Residence Cards look.
And apparently they have NEVER received any complaints about RCs not being accepted at embassies.
French embassy site:
https://www.tlscontact.com/gb2fr/help.p ... d_passport
You can not apply for Shenzhen visa through this emmbassy with ISD, I wanted apply but they even did not take my dokuments.
but
You can travel to any country if you already hold a Shengen visa or traveling with your EU spouse.
SEE, all embassies have different rules!!! Check on their sites!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:40 am

natashik.uk wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
French embassy site:
https://www.tlscontact.com/gb2fr/help.p ... d_passport
You can not apply for Shenzhen visa through this emmbassy with ISD, I wanted apply but they even did not take my dokuments.
but
You can travel to any country if you already hold a Shengen visa or traveling with your EU spouse.
SEE, all embassies have different rules!!! Check on their sites!
Why were you applying for a visa if you have a RC? Were you traveling alone?

You should complain in any case to BOTH of the following.
(1) to Solvit http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/
(2) to UKBA http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

Be the first person to complain to UKBA about this! Note in http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/u ... rds_and_pe they say that they have sent information to each embassy about the format of their Residence Cards.

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Yes, I had to travel alone, I just get a Shenzhen visa in other embassy not French one.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Please complain to UKBA!