ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to maintain US Greencard with UK PR.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suresh Patel
Newly Registered

How to maintain US Greencard with UK PR.

Post by Suresh Patel » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:57 am

I got mr Green card in August 2011. I am living in the UK (HSMP visa) and my UK - PR is due and I want apply by October 2011.

What happned if apply for UK -PR as heared that I cannot hold two country Residancy.

I want to get my UK PR in October 2011. and I plan to travel to US in Feb 2012 (within 6 month) is there any problem if I travel to US with UK PR which appled after US greed card and what will happed at POE.

I want to come back to UK after 2 months/before 3 months (May 2012) and apply for my British Passport in Sept 2012 and travel to US with British passport within 6 month or 9 months so before Dec 2012.

Is there any problem at POE.

I am confued please help.

Many thanks

Suresh

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: How to maintain US Greencard with UK PR.

Post by Marco 72 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm

When you say "I got mr Green card in August 2011" do you mean LPR status or an immigrant visa? Becoming a UK PR may well cause you to abandon your US LPR status. You should contact a US immigration lawyer expert in abandoment issues for more information. I once read about a green card holder who took a short trip to Canada to activate his PR status there and was later deemed to have abandoned his US LPR status.

Suresh Patel
Newly Registered

Post by Suresh Patel » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Marco 72 wrote:When you say "I got mr Green card in August 2011" do you mean LPR status or an immigrant visa? Becoming a UK PR may well cause you to abandon your US LPR status. You should contact a US immigration lawyer expert in abandoment issues for more information. I once read about a green card holder who took a short trip to Canada to activate his PR status there and was later deemed to have abandoned his US LPR status.

Thanks for immidiate response

I got my Green card through Family immigration.

suresh

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Suresh Patel wrote: Thanks for immidiate response

I got my Green card through Family immigration.

suresh
What I mean is: have you actually "activated" your LPR status by travelling to the US with your immigrant visa, or not?