ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help before apply on eea4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reda
Member of Standing

need help before apply on eea4

Post by reda » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:30 pm

hi,l am non eea how got his right to residence after divorce, we decide to stay in the same house as flatmate and keep our divorce secret from our Friends and employer (we work in the same place),one year later we still in the same situation (both have same address),now it's come time for her to apply for British citizenship and for me to apply for permanent residence,do you think is normal in the eye of home office i still life with my EX in the same house!

thank you for your time?

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi,,

Have you got your decree Absloute,, and if yes, how long have u been married for..

if your wifen is going to apply for British citizenship which will make her then a british national then first of all u will have to apply under the uk immigration Law for settlement not under EU law..

if you still dnt have your decree absloute which will still make u married according to the law.. then u better apply for eea 4 as a married couple and you have to prove that you have been legally married and legally resided and working continousily for 5 years.. (both of you) and most important is your EEA spouse..

you cant apply under the eu law if you havent completed 5 years legaly from the day u have become a family member of an eu..

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Azhaar wrote:Hi,,

Have you got your decree Absloute,, and if yes, how long have u been married for..

if your wifen is going to apply for British citizenship which will make her then a british national then first of all u will have to apply under the uk immigration Law for settlement not under EU law..

if you still dnt have your decree absloute which will still make u married according to the law.. then u better apply for eea 4 as a married couple and you have to prove that you have been legally married and legally resided and working continousily for 5 years.. (both of you) and most important is your EEA spouse..

you cant apply under the eu law if you havent completed 5 years legaly from the day u have become a family member of an eu..
thank you for your quick replay
first yes i got my degree absolute,and i did retain my right for residence after divorce(submit application to the home office) which mean i can apply for permanent residence at my own(either my ex is eea or bc) after complete 5 years in UK
what i worry about is we still living in the same flat after divorce !!!
when i going to apply for eea4 i have to submit my tenancy agreement and utility bill which still the both name on it.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

hi

Post by toni34 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:36 pm

it is normal.no problem with it.let me give you a picture,if you r divorced most times you dont take some unnecesary steps to call all your utilities to change the details.
they will just see it as that.
NON EU national with RC

reda
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by reda » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:45 pm

toni34 wrote:it is normal.no problem with it.let me give you a picture,if you r divorced most times you dont take some unnecesary steps to call all your utilities to change the details.
thank u for your reply
is more compllicated than that as i still live with my EX under the same roof,and we going to apply (her for BC and i for PR)
i thought that is probleme for home office if we submit the same address even we are divorced more than one year!!

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Post by Mrfantastic » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:41 pm

reda wrote:
toni34 wrote:it is normal.no problem with it.let me give you a picture,if you r divorced most times you dont take some unnecesary steps to call all your utilities to change the details.
thank u for your reply
is more compllicated than that as i still live with my EX under the same roof,and we going to apply (her for BC and i for PR)
i thought that is probleme for home office if we submit the same address even we are divorced more than one year!!
what you do after divorce with your ex-wife has nothing to do with homeoffice as long as u have retained your right of residence and it was comfirmed by homeoffice you can apply independently, where you or your ex-wife live after divorce is irrelevant gdluck with your application

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Mrfantastic wrote:
reda wrote:
thank u for your reply
what you do after divorce with your ex-wife has nothing to do with homeoffice as long as u have retained your right of residence and it was comfirmed by homeoffice you can apply independently, where you or your ex-wife live after divorce is irrelevant gdluck with your application
yes that correct if u have retained ur right u can apply for PR once u have completed 5 years.. if u already have just go on n apply n dont worry about if ur x still living in the same address as u or not.. cus u will only have to provide her details until divorce was issued n after that its only ur information whats matter..

good luck i wish all the best

AZHAAR