ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - need advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

powerant
Newly Registered

ILR - need advice

Post by powerant » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 pm

hi all,
i am preparing the materials for ILR next month.
i checked all my 5 years' p60 certificates. but i got a question.
my work visa (my 5 year) period started from 24/11/2006. prior to that i worked as part time with the same employer. the company's accounting period starts from May of each year.
so for my p60 certficates of periods: May,2007-April,2008 , May,2008 -April,2009 , May,2009 -April,2010, May,2010 -April,2011
they all show the same yearly salary and similar tax amounts.
But for the first certificate May,2006-April, 2007 it shows slightly lower yearly salary and corresponding tax amount, as before 24/11/2006, i worked as part time and full time from that date.
I am just wondering do i need to make explanation for the application or this is normal.
i am currently in the tax period of May,2011 to April,2012 for which the p60 is not yet available. do i need to get any letter from the H&M revenue and customs to prove the tax paid from May,2011 to date when the application is made? anyway the amount of tax paid is on the wage slips.

would appreciate your kind advice on this.
many thanks and good weekend to you all.

:?:

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:57 am

You will be fine with what you have and no explanation is necessary for first year's P60. This years recent three months income proof documents are required.

saayinla

Re: P60 Inclusion in ILR Application.

Post by saayinla » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:47 am

Sorry to hijack your thread, just thought I might as well ask my Question here rather than creating a new thread.

I have seen a lot of refrence to including 5 years P60 in ILR application, Is there anywhere in the Guidiance not where it says to include 5 years worth of P60? Not trying to be Over Confident but is this not the case of supplying Information that is not required?

If it Helps I was granted initial leave on HSMP and extended on Tier 1 but due ILR next year, having looked at the New Policy on ILR for HSMP/Tier 1 published in May 2011, I see no mention anywhere asking for previous years P60 as a requisite to getting ILR or am I missing something here?

Please do kindly enligthen me as I do believe it says on the Policy note that you do not even have to present any document that was submitted when Initial leave was granted.

powerant
Newly Registered

Post by powerant » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:42 pm

gidoc wrote:You will be fine with what you have and no explanation is necessary for first year's P60. This years recent three months income proof documents are required.
Thank you for your advice.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 am

saayinla wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread, just thought I might as well ask my Question here rather than creating a new thread.

I have seen a lot of refrence to including 5 years P60 in ILR application, Is there anywhere in the Guidiance not where it says to include 5 years worth of P60? Not trying to be Over Confident but is this not the case of supplying Information that is not required?

If it Helps I was granted initial leave on HSMP and extended on Tier 1 but due ILR next year, having looked at the New Policy on ILR for HSMP/Tier 1 published in May 2011, I see no mention anywhere asking for previous years P60 as a requisite to getting ILR or am I missing something here?

Please do kindly enligthen me as I do believe it says on the Policy note that you do not even have to present any document that was submitted when Initial leave was granted.
i would love to know people's comments on this one.

sum1alia
Newly Registered

Post by sum1alia » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:23 am

I am sorry to jump in

But I am on HSMP JR got approval in Nov 2006 but stamped visa in Feb 2007.

Now I have last 4 P60's (2008.2009.2010.2011)
but I am unable to find 2006-2007 P60. DO I need to worry about it , I am in UK from 2003 and my status before HSMP was student.

My ILR is due in Jan 2012 (3 months before P60 of 2011-2012), according to threads here I have to produce last 5 P60's ( technically I am missing 3 months P60)

Please advise, what do i need to do

Thanks

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 am

saayinla wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread, just thought I might as well ask my Question here rather than creating a new thread.

P60 is not seperately identified as a document to be submitted. However it is a very useful document for both applicant and caseworker to demonstrate that the applicant meets requirement.

P60 can
1- prove applicant is economically active
2- can prove income of the applicant
3- can prove continuous employment, especially for WP holders
4- can prove that a person has worked with the company that obtained WP

Without P60, caseworker might have to look at many documents (e.g. many payslips, employment letter, employer information etc)

So even though its not listed in the form, it is quite advisable to submit the document. and its only one a year so its not a case of submitting too many "not-required" documents!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:38 am

P60 is not seperately identified as a document to be submitted. However it is a very useful document for both applicant and caseworker to demonstrate that the applicant meets requirement.

P60 can

Without P60, caseworker might have to look at many documents (e.g. many payslips, employment letter, employer information etc)

So even though its not listed in the form, it is quite advisable to submit the document. and its only one a year so its not a case of submitting too many "not-required" documents!
Yes all of this and

they confirm your 5 yr presence in the UK, if thats required for you to meet the criteria of residence

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:52 pm

gidoc wrote:

P60 can

Yes all of this and

they confirm your 5 yr presence in the UK, if thats required for you to meet the criteria of residence
So in My case, I am applying for ILR - HSMP(pre nov 2006)/Tier1 - under JR).. I do not have a P-60 for the first year.. I only have P-60s from 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011...Is this ok or will they question this? I do not have payslips either for that period(2006-2007)...
Am I ok with applying with the following documents:

1. Last 4 years P-60 (2008,2009,2010 and 2011)
2. last 6 months Bank statements (originals)
3. Last 12 months payslips (weekly payslips as im a freelancer thru' an umbrella company)
4. Letter of employment from Umbrella company
5. Letter from Recruitment agents that I am currently contracting through them..
6. HSMP original approval letter
7. Tier1 extension letter
8. Application Form Set (O)
9. Passport
10. Judicial Review Document
11. Covering letter

powerant
Newly Registered

Post by powerant » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:00 pm

hi guys,
just a another question: have the p60 certificates to be signed and stamped by the employer?i have these from the company but none of them is signed and stamped.
many thanks.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:06 pm

I have the same question , my employers send photocopies of p60 so do i need sign n stamped frm my employer

powerant
Newly Registered

Post by powerant » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 pm

ayesha11 wrote:I have the same question , my employers send photocopies of p60 so do i need sign n stamped frm my employer
Mine is different from yours. i got the original.
but on left bottom corner, there is space for employer's use. i am wondering if this space needs to be stamped ?
cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:24 am

powerant wrote:hi guys, i got one question about the payslip for ILR.
my company uses a charted accountant company which uses iris software system to produce pay slips for employees. the format is the following:

http://www.payslipsp60.co.uk/LoadImg.as ... ayslip.jpg

are these ok for ILR application? i remember read somewhere on this forum formal pay slips need to be submitted.
i checked with our accountant who told me that these iris pay slips are approved by inland revenue and they are formal wage slips.
can the members of this forum especially who have gained ILR suggest?
many thanks.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:20 pm

P60 can

So even though its not listed in the form, it is quite advisable to submit the document. and its only one a year so its not a case of submitting too many "not-required" documents![/quote]

HI,

sorry to jump in between. I need some help re: ILR application. My case is confusing and need some help.

I was on work permit for last 3 years. It was SR1 (Sponsored researcher work permit). I was working for a company under this SR1 work permit but was paid a tax free stipend by the university for this work so have no P60s.
Now my project is finished by university but I have continued to work for the same company on the same project for next 3 years on a contract. I am on tier 2 visa now and am paid a salary by tier 2 sponsor (my company) but through a recruitment agency, not directly from my sponsor.
Will it lead to a refusal of my ILR because I am on tax free stipend for first 3 years and then in remaining 3 years, I was paid by my sponsor through a recruitment agency not directly? Need your expert advice. thanks.